Any reason to change plans?

FranF

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
I just read about the newest changes to the unlimited plan. I'm on the prepaid plan and get 10gigs of LTE for $60 a month and it includes tethering of my IPad. I only use 6-8 gb a month. Is there any reason why I should shift to the new unlimited plan? I'm not seeing any benefits in changing my plan?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
From the sound of your use I would say no. Everyone has to weigh out their usage with what they get to see if the new plan is worth it. For me it isn't since I pay $50 per line (2 lines - $100) for unlimited all and I can choose if "BingeOn" is on or not (so I can toggle HD video as much as I want without any extra fee). I also have 7 GB of tether per line as well. For me it isn't worth to swap since I get more benefits for less money then what the new plans offer.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
OK... you are paying $60/m for the plan, what are you paying in those fees on top of that? I suspect that the addition of those fees would sort of push that $60 much closer to the $70 base One plan. But, to be honest, if you are fine with your current plan (and aren't artificially limiting your data to keep under that 10G line), stay. Unless there ends up being a secondary benefit that comes your way, like a crazy device deal that is only available for One people, don't worry about it.

I'm like my friend Almeuit, I am on a grandfathered Simple Choice plan at $100. But for me its 4 lines, not 2 (I added the free two lines they promo'd back in December). I can safely say that I don't expect T-Mobile to ever toss out a promotion that could ever benefit me enough to move off what I have.

FranF

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for your input. I'm still new to TMobile after years at Verizon. I tried Fi for a few months, which I really liked., but the cost for data was too much. So far my TMobile coverage has been great. I only had one location in a really rural area that I did not get coverage.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'd say no reading your situation. I think you would be affected with tethering, with the new One plan tethering is throttled down to 125KBs I believe. Right now you have full speed lte with your current plan.
Like Almueit I won't ever change my plan(Simple choice family 3+1 line free unlimited data for $150)I added another line for free this past black Friday. So now I have 5 unlimited data lines with 14 GB full speed tethering each for 127.00 plus tax with my corporate discount . which comes out to $25.40 for each line.