Any reason to hold back on 13 update?

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Seems like some people are having problems with the update. I'm using AT&T, does that matter? I saw something that said clear your phone cache. I went to the app and there's no place to clear the phone cache. Then it said

For those having bug issues after updating to One UI 5.0 (Android 13), if you haven't already done so, please try to clear the phone cache and run the repair apps option thru recovery mode.

I checked with Google and this particular posting was posted on November 30th so does that mean that the release on December 4th is clean?

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S21/ISSUES-AFTER-ANDROID-13/td-p/2452780

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Clearing the cache is a fairly typical house cleaning suggestion after any system update whether it's full OS updates or just monthly security updates. Don't have to, but not a bad idea, generally.

It is not something you just go into the phone settings to do. You do have to follow the process outlined in that post to get to the Android Recovery screen. It's similar to going into the BIOS of your PC.

The option to select is called "wipe cache partition". You do have to confirm the selection by selecting "yes", afterward, then select reboot. Done.

As to issues on AT&T, I can't really say. I don't have it on my phone yet but it's due on my S20 FE sometime this month. On the AT&T forums, people seem to finally be getting it on their various S21s. Some complaints, but there always seems to be issues for some people while others have no problems at all.