Any reason to reboot the 6P routinely?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
On my previous phones, I used to reboot them every so often to clear everything and "clean things out." I'm saying maybe once every two weeks.

On the 6P, I've noticed that even after you reboot, all the apps you had running in the background before the reboot are there after a reboot. Just press the app switcher button on the right and there they all are despite the reboot.

What state are the apps in after a reboot? Is there any reason to do a reboot?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
On my previous phones, I used to reboot them every so often to clear everything and "clean things out." I'm saying maybe once every two weeks.

On the 6P, I've noticed that even after you reboot, all the apps you had running in the background before the reboot are there after a reboot. Just press the app switcher button on the right and there they all are despite the reboot.

They changed the behavior of the app switcher in recent versions... They no longer show running apps, it's more a chronological list of cards showing the apps that have been running...

The method changed in 5.0.

To answer your question, there's no compelling reason to reboot often. Some people have complained about slowing operation, but I've gone as long as a week between restarts... I fuss with stuff all the time, so it's rare that I get to run for several days without a boot.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
They changed the behavior of the app switcher in recent versions... They no longer show running apps, it's more a chronological list of cards showing the apps that have been running...

The method changed in 5.0.

To answer your question, there's no compelling reason to reboot often. Some people have complained about slowing operation, but I've gone as long as a week between restarts... I fuss with stuff all the time, so it's rare that I get to run for several days without a boot.

I made it 2.5 weeks before I had to reboot. My Google keyboard started to slow down, so I rebooted.

Posted via the Android Central App

en28so

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

I would say just do it like once a week to clear things up a bit. I do the same with my laptops.

skyo12

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I reboot once in a while (every two or three days) to make sure weird things in the background are cleaned out. For example, Amazon Kindle app would be on the list of battery suckers even if I have never opened the app in days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karl.stubbs