Any Samsung fans thinking about the G6

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
The V20 is a good phone. They seem to be making the G6 a lot like the V20 in a lot of ways. Size is the same. I wish they would put a display on off button next to the volume rockers. Using the finger print scanner button to wake lock the phone feels awkward to me.

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I've had the S2, S4, and S5, from there I went to the G4 and now I'm definitely considering the G6 and will most likely get it next. Ever since Samsung took removable batteries out of the equation on their phones I've been a bit turned away from them.

SupermanJon707

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I've had the S2, S4, and S5, from there I went to the G4 and now I'm definitely considering the G6 and will most likely get it next. Ever since Samsung took removable batteries out of the equation on their phones I've been a bit turned away from them.

The things you sacrifice for IP68 rating

I love not having to worry about the shower, pool, rain and it's saved my butt numerous times

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Interested for sure. Was hoping for HTC to make a splash this year but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. Turned off by everything I heard/seen of the S8 so far.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
That would be like being married to Kate Upton and thinking about Hilary Clinton. No thanks.

yep...i mean what will the G6 have that my S7 edge doesn't have? they will have the same processor for sure (Snapdragon 820 versus the 821) and the camera will be about the same too.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I always keep my options open when the new round of phones come out. Last year i was considering the G5, but then modularity just killed it for me and made the S7 Edge and easy choice.

This year since they've ditched that, i'll be looking at both the G6 and the S8.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I always keep my options open when the new round of phones come out. Last year i was considering the G5, but then modularity just killed it for me and made the S7 Edge and easy choice.

This year since they've ditched that, i'll be looking at both the G6 and the S8.

Exactly how it should be. Make both of them earn your money.

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I've had a couple Samsung phones... My last phone was the S6 Edge+. I traded it in for the V20... Mainly I just wanted the second screen feature but also nougat. Very happy with the V20 so I doubt ill upgrade anytime soon. However... I hear if u switch to the new unlimited Verizon plan and are willing to trade in your current phone u can get a flagship phone for free!!! That is enticing to say the least. I wonder if that's a limited time offer and if it will be around when the S8 and G6 are available... Frankly though, my V20 is holding up great. I'm liking it more than my S6 Edge+ that I traded for it in a lot of ways. Battery life is much better and correct me if I'm not wrong but isn't the S6 Edge+ still on Marshmallow??

So I doubt ill upgrade to the S8 or G6 but maybe the Note 8... Who knows? For now I'm just keeping my V20 in pristine condition for a potential trade in at some point. Lol!
:)

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
TBH, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't eyeing that Galaxy Tab S3 that's supposed to be announced on the 26th by Samsung, as my next purchase...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akaalid