Any significant news on the G4 Bootlooping/bricking?

A

AC Question

Any significant news on the G4 Bootlooping/bricking?!!!

I feel the fool!! I do my Doo Diligence but found out about this issue after I've had this great phone for only three weeks. I've not had any issues with it but have seen the horror stories EVERYWHERE. My hardware build is 1.0 and my serial number is a 508 one. From what I read these are very bad signs. I'm not in a true panic, only mildly suicidal ;o. I bought it used on Amazon but it was only released from the manufacturer in October 2015, manufactured in late August. I love the device and was considering marriage but now I'm writing this as I fall from the roof of my building. ;)

How widespread is the issue? Do I now own a ticking timebomb?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Any significant news on the G4 Bootlooping/bricking?!!!

I feel the fool!! I do my Doo Diligence but found out about this issue after I've had this great phone for only three weeks. I've not had any issues with it but have seen the horror stories EVERYWHERE. My hardware build is 1.0 and my serial number is a 508 one. From what I read these are very bad signs. I'm not in a true panic, only mildly suicidal ;o. I bought it used on Amazon but it was only released from the manufacturer in October 2015, manufactured in late August. I love the device and was considering marriage but now I'm writing this as I fall from the roof of my building. ;)

How widespread is the issue? Do I now own a ticking timebomb?

Welcome to Android Central!

I would not worry about it myself, just use the phone. If it happens then hopefully LG will replace it for you since it is a known issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlantisx