Any suggestions on setcpu set up?

jrvjr

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
So running Fresh and get great battery life. I was running CM7 and my battery life was horrible so I got setcpu. Not much improvement. Now I'mback to Fresh, amy suggestion on setcpu set up?

taadow1030

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
So running Fresh and get great battery life. I was running CM7 and my battery life was horrible so I got setcpu. Not much improvement. Now I'mback to Fresh, amy suggestion on setcpu set up?

I don't think that Setcpu settings will help with CM7. I underclock mine to 245mhz when screen is off and when battery life is less than 20%. I even reduced overclocking to 998mhz and battery life is still horrible. Even when I removed the custom kernel and used the CM7 kernel that came with the ROM... same result. I'm reading that others are having similar issues.

mhuggins

May 10, 2010
Visit site
i had the same problem with CM7 but i erased that one and got the nightly #7 build and the battery life is great. as far as setcpu settings the Screen off profile is the best. I had trouble wwith setcpu when i rooted and asked for help but everyone told me the same "just mess with it until you find the settings that are good for your phone". I know it dont help much but after a while you will get the right settings for you. On a side note i havent been using Setcpu for months now because most of these roms or kernels have battery tweaks in them and setcpu isnt needed. When im not on CM7 i use AVA Z3 with calkulins custom kernel that has some kind of tweaking in it and i get 12 hours with heavy use. So it trail and error but hang in there and set you some profiles that scale back the cpu has the battery goes dead and you should be fine.

Reactions: jrvjr

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter