Any trick to record wide video with selfie camera?

davedigital

Oct 13, 2022
Visit site
Hey,

i have noticed that when I go to camera and click on video and change to selfie camera it will let me to choose between 1x and 1,4x (zoom), but... when I go to photo and select 0,7 it will zoom out. When I click and hold the capture button in this mode, it will start to record a video, so it should be possible to record in 0,7 out of box but Google for some reason didn't implement it or forget it. I can all of the time click and hold the record button but maybe I missed something and it is possible to record only with one tap?

Of course I can hold the record button for a while and "lock it" so that it will continue record my video... but this is only a workaround or maybe only I cannot see 0,7 in selfie vid-camera?

Greetings.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung Note 20 is the same way. My guess would be that video uses a cropped portion of the sensor instead of the entire thing and they just didn't program it to allow wide angle in the video mode.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My Pixel 7pro behaves the same but haven't tried holding the record button for certain amount of time to verify it goes to .7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34