Any way to get a activation fee waived?

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Pretty much the topic. I'm thinking about getting the Tab 3, and yes, I know its only 50 bucks, but I'd rather not pay 50+35, plus the cost of the case and screen protector and microsd card I'd want to get for it. So, if anyone has any suggestions?

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Well, if I get the Tab, it'll probably be in a store. Now, on that note, would a Corporate store provide better odds, you think, or some smaller store?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
ask both. and call Sprint customer service to ask after the fact about a week later. ask them for a credit.

What Gekko said! When I was a Sprint customer I used to do the same thing. My Mom still has Sprint service and she just did this last week when she got the new iPhone 5c. Was with no questions asked. If your bill is in good standing normally they will just do it.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok, now I'm confused. I have had one sprint store tell me there is NO activation fee on the Galaxy Tab 3, and in another, I'm told there is. WTF.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok, now I'm confused. I have had one sprint store tell me there is NO activation fee on the Galaxy Tab 3, and in another, I'm told there is. WTF.

Sadly sounds like normal store behavior.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Well, since someone told me and showed me a image showing that if you order it online, there is no activation fee-well, screw the stores. Now, my only wonderance is, due to not wanting to stress my credit cards any more, theres a way to get the price of the Tab 3 just added to my first months bill.

kcerica

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I was at Costco looking at phones not long ago and they told me they waive the $35 fee when you get a new phone. The guy I was taking to also told me that sprint has a deal every so often where sprint will credit your account for the activation fee so you don't get charged for the fee from Costco and then you get a $35 credit on your account even though you didn't get charged the fee in the first place. Of course you need to know someone with a Costco membership (if you're not a Costco member and don't want to buy a membership) to buy the phone from them.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Easiest way to get fee waived is to upgrade your phone at best buy or other 3rd party retailer that is offering it. Otherwise just ask during your first 14 days. The may do it since you can still cancel and they don't want to lose the contract.

Posted via Android Central App