Any way to override text message conversation auto scrolll to end of conversation?

lizm223

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Since I got my S3 nearly a year ago, one thing that's constantly been driving me crazy is that when viewing a text message conversation, if the screen times out, or if I accidentally select/open a specific message and go back, the screen scrolls back down to the end of the conversation. It's frustrating to scroll through a long conversation find a message, only to lose my spot due to a moment of inattention. Is there any setting, hack, or happy accident that overrides this? I've combed through the settings, and have had my fingers crossed with every software update, but so far no luck.

glazedfaith

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I have wondered this myself, but I've found no solutions. It also resets to the end if I receive a text message, so if I'm trying to catch up on a conversation that is currently in flux, it's a maddening experience unless I turn on airplane mode for a few minutes and don't open any messages individually, but then I often get messages out of order when I disable airplane mode. Perhaps a third-party messaging app is the solution.

**Monitoring this thread**

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaysonIrwin