Anybody fingerprint sensor problems on Samsung S7 Nougat?

A

AC Question

I have been updating my S7 to Android 7.0 and since that point the fingerprint scanner doesnt seem to work. When adding new prints its asking to clean the home button and make it dry then try again. I have done soft and hard reset and cleared the cache too. Restarted the fingerprint app in the manager too and nothing has been helping..

Any tips?

JM22508

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I just saw this tip on the S7 edge forum: Delete all your stored fingerprints and then re-do them. A few folks said that seemed to make a difference.

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Odd how people are having different experiences with the update. My fingerprint scanner was so balky before, I considered getting rid of it. Tired of trying three or four times and having to enter my pin when it failed. On updating, I noticed the phone is much quicker to acquire the print and unlock.

CWinkler

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Odd how people are having different experiences with the update. My fingerprint scanner was so balky before, I considered getting rid of it. Tired of trying three or four times and having to enter my pin when it failed. On updating, I noticed the phone is much quicker to acquire the print and unlock.

I was part of the Lollipop testing for 1st gen MotoX on USCC network, and was also very surprised how different people / phones had dramatically different experiences with the software. Still don't understand how that can happen. I was one of the lucky ones, and hope that continues once my S7 finally gets N.

federico cresta

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
I have updated today to Nougat 7.0 in my ST edge and having the same exact problem. I have clear all my old fingerprints and loaded new ones and still have the same problem…. Very disappointed on this update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys87