Hi guys, I'm looking into switching from Verizon to this T-mobile plan:
prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/other-prepaid-plans

• $30/mo
• Unlimited web & text with 100 minutes talk
• 100 minutes talk
• Unlimited text
• First 5GB at up to 4G speeds

It seems almost too good to be true. I'm willing to give it a shot

Is anyone else currently on this plan, or at least on any kind of T-mobile plan? Any feedback, things I should know about T-mobile? How's tethering on T-mobile?

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I have T-Mobile but not the prepaid. I haven't had any problems with them in the two years I've used them (12 years with Verizon prior). They have definitely expanded their network and I get better service in the few dead spots I had around here. It really depends on what the service is like where you are, as is the case with any cell provider.

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm on this plan and have no issues whatsoever. If you talk on the phone a lot, you can use Hangouts to make calls and the speeds seem in line with postpaid TMO and Project Fi.

I'm in an area where TMO and SPR both have good coverage so I don't have any issues. Be sure you'll have adequate cell coverage in the area where you'll be using the device before switching. Sometimes saving money isn't always the answer.

tk42one

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile post-paid. Very quick speeds, and since MXPE got Band 12 access with Marshmallow, I've noticed much better LTE reception.

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile post-paid. Very quick speeds, and since MXPE got Band 12 access with Marshmallow, I've noticed much better LTE reception.

Wierd...I noticed that, in my office at work, while my LG G4 had five full bars, I only have three with the MXPE. And I thought Moto had superior antennas.

pearl johnson

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
I have the $40 plan, unlimited text, talk, with 3G high speed for a week... Sooo many problems! Data is not coming through, I.e. emails, text messages, and now phone calls! I've been to T-Mobile 3 times this week and will be going back today. Really want to love the phone, but I have no clue what's up!