Anybody switching to Galaxy S III?

Will you be leaving your Bionic for the Galaxy S III?

• Total voters

Orcares

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Just taking a poll to see how many Bionic owners are jumping ship. Please post why you are or are not going to switch.

With Verizon changing their data plans, and because I'm on unlimited data now, I'm thinking of getting on the Galaxy S III bandwagon while I can do so without losing my unlimited data.

I've actually really loved my Bionic, so that's why I'm checking to see some other opinions.

ColdBrew

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not switching because I don't like the Bionic. The only problem I've had is losing data connection and having to switch to air plane mode or restart it to get it back. Although I don't think it has happened since this latest update and with the previous update, only very rarely.

I'm switching because I've got an upgrade with a new every 2 and I want to use it before the 28th so I don't lose it. I don't plan to switch to the shared data plan and lose my unlimited plan. Plus it would cost me a LOT more money. I'll save more paying full price for my phones in the future.

EnergyPlus

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
While I worry about losing my Unlimited Data plan, I am not willing to protect it my latching on to a crummy phone in the process. There in nothing compelling about the S3 and I really detest the over saturated, dull look and horrible green/yellow tint of any of the AMOLED screens, "super" or otherwise. The list goes on, but the bottom line is "blahhh."

monkeypunch35

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am switching for two reasons: To use an upgrade and keep unlimited data and for a bigger screen.

I was pretty much over my Bionic up until about 2 hours ago, when I flashed the leaked ICS 4.0.4. It gives the phone a whole new life and feel. Makes me really excited to have a phone with ICS on a 4.8in screen!!!!!!

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm on unlimited data and will have to pay full price on my next phone to keep it, so I'm sticking with my bionic for now.

blakebritton

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm switching. I felt like I've gotten a huge pineapple stuck up my arse with the Bionic. It's been a decent phone, but releasing the Razr so soon afterwards and the very high initial price?

I'm switching to Samsung and never going back to Motorola. I've gotten screwed by them for the last time.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't feel "screwed" by the fact that I waited for, and purchased a Bionic for $300. It works well and there is ALWAYS a newer/better phone to be had, if one just waits...and waits...eventually even the die-hard constant-updaters should figure out that having the "latest and greatest" is something that is measured in mere days--not months. As long as something suits my needs, I don't need the very next model that comes out. At some point, I'll surely be itching to upgrade--but the fact the RAZR and then the RAZR Max came out relatively soon afterwards doesn't make me despise Moto.

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I have numerous data drops and went through 6 replacements ,which ALL had some sort of issue, before settling with my original Bionic...I really want to like the phone but Iv'e had to many issues. I was going to sell it but probably end up holding on to it. All in all I'm geting the SIII for the better screen,camera,slightly larger and better processor and it'll most likely stand the test of time which is around 2 years for cell phones. In addition the way Moto has been handling their releases is just rudiculous starting with this phone. I was thinking about waiting for the Droid Fighter....which I believe is out over seas but when will we see it???Nov Dec possibly early to mid next year....I'm Good.

MrBucket85

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm sticking with the Bionic because:
1. I'm not made of money
2. I haven't really had any big problems with the Bionic
3. I don't like Touch Wiz
4. ICS runs great on the Bionic and fixes the data drops I was getting on .905 (I'm on the .2233 ICS leak)
5. Webtop is getting better and I've actually found it to be useful while traveling
6. The SIII just didn't wow me. It's impressive but I don't NEED it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

SeminoleDundee

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I am sticking with the Bionic as well. Dave1812 and Mr Bucket both have a lot of valid points.
I am debating on rooting it, but am worried about screwing it up since I have never done it before. Seems everyone who has installed ICS is loving it and mentions it works almost like a new phone.

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm leaving the Bionic behind due to all the data drops. It's a great phone when it actually works properly which seems to be rare lately. Also, since the latest update anytime it's trying to reconnect to the network or wifi the phone freezes until it connects. It's unacceptable for a phone I paid full retail for to do this. Motorola needs to get their act together.

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I can't afford reception issues and every Samsung phone I've owned has had them and every Moto phone I've owned has not. With ICS on my Bionic now, seeing how it runs, with the official OTA right around the corner, the only way I'd give the Bionic up is at gunpoint. And I'd replace it with another Moto phone.

Reactions: Mercury81

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking at it....I'm not sure. I love the Bionic with this new ICS leak. But I think the main reason why I'll give up my Bionic is because my mom needs a new phone and this thing is in amazing condition. I'm not going to buy my mom a better phone than me lol. I'm perfectly content with keeping my phone as long as possible, but I also really need to upgrade my mom's phone because her aging flip phone isn't going to do well if she's going to be texting me in college a lot.

hansgroter

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
nah i cant be bothered switching i like the phone i have now
sig.jpg

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm switching, not because hate the Bionic, I just wanted the GalaxySIII. It's a nice piece of hardware. Gonna be selling my Bionic and lapdock soon.

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Switching because:

-I want a BIG 720p screen (the main reason)

-Needed to lock in my grandfathered unlimited data however possible

-I need more than ~8Gb internally for storing all of my games (those new 3D FPS titles are massive!)

-With a newborn in the house, having a better phone camera is imperative. The Bionic's
camera is just sooo disappointing

-The frequent data drops, eveb under 905, are reallty annoying

What I'll miss from the Bionic:

-The solid build quality

-ICSBlur trounces TouchWiz 4.0.

-Webtop mode (again, even better under ICS)

-Moto's rock solid reception and speaker volume

-The microHDMI port

-My Bionic's extended batteries

paradox60660

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am switching to gx3. Not thrilled with this though. I upgraded to lock in my unlimited data for 2 more years. I just wish motorolla had released their newest phone before the 28th. Lapdock... cases..batteries... car dock... mini dock... all goin. Or I might just get the gs3 and sell it on ebay. Bionic has been flawless and wonderful voice and data connections. Decisions....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kipopstok