Anyone able to use google voice action to call a contact?

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
When I try Google Voice Actions (clicking the microphone in the upper right corner of the home screen) and say, "Call John Smith" it will show a phone icon next to a bunch of things like "John Smith Plumbing" and "John Smith Sales" but even though John Smith is in my contacts it never finds him (obviously John Smith is a fake example)! Instead it prints those businesses and then "Call John Smith" as a web search option. It's the same for ALL my contacts! Anyone know how to get this to work?

jvai

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
it's hit & miss.... at times when i use it to call my barber ahead of time, it gives me other options, some times it nails it ....

once i called a carry out to order food ahead of picking it up.. yes, it dial *yums carry out*, but not the one listed in my address! i arrived at the yum's for my general tao's chicken, & they said there was never an order called in.. lol.. i called the last number dialed & canceled the order at that yum's...

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
it's hit & miss.... at times when i use it to call my barber ahead of time, it gives me other options, some times it nails it ....

once i called a carry out to order food ahead of picking it up.. yes, it dial *yums carry out*, but not the one listed in my address! i arrived at the yum's for my general tao's chicken, & they said there was never an order called in.. lol.. i called the last number dialed & canceled the order at that yum's...

Yes, but that's a slightly different issue. It correctly interprets what I'm saying "call John Smith" but never shows the contact "john smith" as an option! If I type it instead, it does show the contact.

LNWJ

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Having same issue. I'd hold the search button in GB and it was flawless ... now in ICS the voice recognition seems much worse? Even with talking to compose a message... seems to happen phone side vs. server side like before. The accuracy is abysmal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgie