Anyone buy unsubsidized?

anon(110041)

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Site shows 499 before the 2 year subsidy, but online chat rep said it might vary in store...best buy shows 599 online. Anyone buy outright from AT&T, and for how much?

s0dhi

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I bought it unlocked off of ebay. Waiting for shipment to Canada. As for amount don't ask... way too much having slept on it. :(

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
The price is $499 from ATT w/o contract just called my local ATT store today and yes BB it is $599. BB will do price matching as long as the nearest ATT store has it in stock and will verify the $499 price. Did the price match at BB when I picked up the Inspire last week. ATT was selling the Inspire for $399 and BB was selling at $599.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Picked up the Atrix today as I went to BB to exchange my Inspire and they wouldn't price match ATT's $499 off contract price. The associate said it depends on the phone and he scanned it and wouldn't allow him to, so I returned the Inspire and went to ATT to get it.

x2z

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
499 ATT

I bought mine for $499 from ATT after they tried to tell me that they didn't have enough in stock to sell me one for full retail. Little talk with the manager cleared that right up. $525 after tax in wisconsin.

Fountainhead

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I bought mine for 535.00 and they robbed me of my grandfathered iPhone plan. I had NO data plan when I left. They didn't tell me, honest mistake I guess. So today I go back to store work it out.

terrrrrible

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I got mine for $499, and was able to get the guy to sell me the laptop dock for $300. Only thing I noticed was that I don't have voicemail set up anymore, because I had visual voicemail with my BB9700.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I got mine for $499, and was able to get the guy to sell me the laptop dock for $300. Only thing I noticed was that I don't have voicemail set up anymore, because I had visual voicemail with my BB9700.

How did you get the laptop dock for $300? Retail is $500 as well too.

Pwersha

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I bought mine for 535.00 and they robbed me of my grandfathered iPhone plan. I had NO data plan when I left. They didn't tell me, honest mistake I guess. So today I go back to store work it out.

Same here, I got mine for $535 and they jacked up my plan too. I was going from an iPhone unlimited plan. They were able to get it back though by the end of the day.

Fountainhead

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
In hindsight I now feel like an idiot for paying 535.00 for a damn phone. We all must be crazy. However, I do use my contract renew for the iPhone, as off contract it's STUPID expensive. I like variety-and work pays for the iPhone.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
In hindsight I now feel like an idiot for paying 535.00 for a damn phone. We all must be crazy. However, I do use my contract renew for the iPhone, as off contract it's STUPID expensive. I like variety-and work pays for the iPhone.

I bought mine at full price only because I'm saving my upgrade for iPhone 5, and since I get to renew every year in June it's perfect timing for the new iPhones release.

flipteg

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
i don't particularly like being on contract and i usually prefer to pay for the phone myself. in this case though, i made an exception. AT&T's full early termination fee is only $25 more than the discount for signing a contract. if i don't finish the contract for some reason, paying the early termination fee will make it the same as if i had bought the phone unsubsidized.

makaveli28

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I bought it unlocked off of ebay. Waiting for shipment to Canada. As for amount don't ask... way too much having slept on it. :(

I bought mine off ebay as well. Waiting for it to arrive. I am on Rogers, and the phone I bought is not unlocked. Any idea on how to Unlock?