Anyone else using Moto X & iPhone 6 / 6 Plus?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for my Moto X and I'm really excited to get it! I also have an iPhone 6 Plus. For the past year I've been using a Nexus 5 and an iPhone (5s now 6 Plus).

I bought the Moto X because I love Android as well as iOS. They both have strengths and weaknesses. I plan to switch back and forth between the 2 and will enjoy the form factor of the Moto X when I don't feel like lugging around my 6 Plus and I love the active display and always listening. I will miss the nice camera and battery life when I use the Moto X but as long as it get's me from 6am to 6pm I'll be fine.

Anyone else also using an iPhone? And what are your thoughts after using both?

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a Note 4 and 6 Plus at the moment. Like you, I appreciate the different features the operating systems have to offer. I do think that I prefer Android though, I always seem to get bored of iOS rather quickly.

BluBrett

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I can't answer the exact question, but I have an iPad so maybe my input will still be helpful. If iOS could do everything Android does, be as customizable as Android, and open/save the same files Android can, I would have a 6 Plus. I just feel too closed off in Apple's iOS walls to have my main device do only what Apple allows me to do, nothing more, sometimes even after Jailbreaking. iOS devices are good for social media and web browsing though. Fast, fluid, and typically pretty stable. I get a tinge of jealousy when I see someone with a 6 Plus but then i remember how annoyed I grow with the iPhone when I'm not allowed to save files, music, etc. from the web or when I can't find where the iPhone decided to save a file I downloaded.

xxtdxx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a 6 and the X. The X just came today and I've been using the 6 since it was released back in September. There are things I like about each phone. I don't really want to keep switching back and forth so it's coming down to which I like more.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting for my Moto X and I'm really excited to get it! I also have an iPhone 6 Plus. For the past year I've been using a Nexus 5 and an iPhone (5s now 6 Plus).

I bought the Moto X because I love Android as well as iOS. They both have strengths and weaknesses. I plan to switch back and forth between the 2 and will enjoy the form factor of the Moto X when I don't feel like lugging around my 6 Plus and I love the active display and always listening. I will miss the nice camera and battery life when I use the Moto X but as long as it get's me from 6am to 6pm I'll be fine.

Anyone else also using an iPhone? And what are your thoughts after using both?

I always carry an iPhone and a android. Love it, best of both worlds. To be honest though I like my android phones more. Especially my 2014 moto x. Easily the best android phone I've ever used.

Posted via the Android Central App

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I've used OG Moto X and Galaxy S4 and still have both. I picked up an iPhone 6 Plus and I honestly am ready to go back to Android. It is a great device and very solid feeling but the OS comes up short for me. I want to pick up the 2014 X but the battery raises serious concerns for me. The last thing I want is to leave my house and be worried that the battery won't back it through the day. I have a few days yet before my 14 day exchange period is up and I'm honestly in between the Note 4 and Moto X.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Got my x last night and the the iMessage to txt message thing when switching back between iPhones and androids hasn't been fixed and this may force me to keep using my iPhone and return the x. I just can't acceot not knowing if I'm not getting all my messages. Here is my comments about it from a over forum:

I tried switching to my new android phone tonight and this problem still persists.

I went into iMessage turned it off and then powers down my iPhone. Then I took the sim out and put it in my android. Sent my android a text from my wife's iphone. Sent as iMessage. I never got it. I sent her a text. She got it. She replied. iMessage. I didn't get it.

If she long holds the message and hits send as sms it goes thru but she shouldn't have to do this. In addition if she starts typing my name and picks it before the name is complete from the recents then it sends an iMessage. However if she types my full contact name and hits enter the. It will send as a text.

I wonder if there is a way to delete all recents or not show recents. I even tried deleting me as a contact and re adding me with a different name and no luck. I tried using the link in my first post but I never got the confirmation messages they supposedly sent me so after five attempts they said sorry try again later.

At this point I'd keep iMessage turned off but I can't even get it so my wife's messages come through as texts every time. Obviously this is still a problem and I'm being forced to keep using my iPhone or get a new number I guess.

So the only way she can successfully send me a text and not iMessage is to type my full contact name and hit enter or send an iMessage the. Long hold it and select send as text. I'm supposed to make her do this? Not to mention getting all my other contacts with iPhones to do this.

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Got my x last night and the the iMessage to txt message thing when switching back between iPhones and androids hasn't been fixed and this may force me to keep using my iPhone and return the x. I just can't acceot not knowing if I'm not getting all my messages. Here is my comments about it from a over forum:

I tried switching to my new android phone tonight and this problem still persists.

I went into iMessage turned it off and then powers down my iPhone. Then I took the sim out and put it in my android. Sent my android a text from my wife's iphone. Sent as iMessage. I never got it. I sent her a text. She got it. She replied. iMessage. I didn't get it.

If she long holds the message and hits send as sms it goes thru but she shouldn't have to do this. In addition if she starts typing my name and picks it before the name is complete from the recents then it sends an iMessage. However if she types my full contact name and hits enter the. It will send as a text.

I wonder if there is a way to delete all recents or not show recents. I even tried deleting me as a contact and re adding me with a different name and no luck. I tried using the link in my first post but I never got the confirmation messages they supposedly sent me so after five attempts they said sorry try again later.

At this point I'd keep iMessage turned off but I can't even get it so my wife's messages come through as texts every time. Obviously this is still a problem and I'm being forced to keep using my iPhone or get a new number I guess.

So the only way she can successfully send me a text and not iMessage is to type my full contact name and hit enter or send an iMessage the. Long hold it and select send as text. I'm supposed to make her do this? Not to mention getting all my other contacts with iPhones to do this.

What I have found that works for me is to turn off iMessage and send a few texts as SMS messages to people with iPhones. I usually do that the day before switching from iPhone to Android.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
What I have found that works for me is to turn off iMessage and send a few texts as SMS messages to people with iPhones. I usually do that the day before switching from iPhone to Android.
I tried that and it works as long as I initiate the conversation but if the person with the iPhone initiates it sends as an iMessage.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Don't give in to Apple's purposefully designed plan to kidnap and imprison your mobile connectivity. Try this, which Apple put up under force of lawsuit:

Apple Launches Web Tool to Deregister Phone Numbers from iMessage

Apple today released a new web tool for users to deregister their phone number from iMessage in the event they switched to a non-Apple device. To deregister a phone number from iMessage, users simply enter their phone number in Apple's web tool, receive a free text message containing a code, and submit the code to complete the process.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Don't give in to Apple's purposefully designed plan to kidnap and imprison your mobile connectivity. Try this, which Apple put up under force of lawsuit:

That tool did absolutely nothing for me. You out in your number and it sends you a text to unenroll you. I didn't get the texts and exceeded my number if tries and was given a message to try again later.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Just another reason to stay away from Apple's walled prison.

Permanently switching to android won't even help at this point. I'd have to switch my number and then never use an iPhone with that number. I'm really held hostage by this and I don't want to lose a number I've had for over a decade.

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem, but I was able to correct by asking those I texted frequently to delete any conversation on their iPhone they had with me. They were then able to receive SMS and MMS texts from me and vice versa. It was a pain, but I'm in the clear now.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I can't believe you guys have 2 high end phones and use both on a regular basis LOL.

I went from s4 to turbo and it was a tough decision cause think I'm stuck with what I get for at least a year.

How do you guys do it?

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanglap