Anyone elses 3g speeds off the charts?

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
From since I have had my 3d, got on 6/19, my 3g speeds have been very poor averaging between 300 and 500 kb, they sued to be about 900kb before. I just did about 10 tests and averaged about 1800 kb. The last test was 2250. My 4g speeds averaged about 7500 kb but have always been excellent and in a similar range. Did Sprint change something I don't know about or was this one of those flukey days when everything is ideal? My company also recently added a 4g tower on top of our building so I get about 10mb of 4g at work - don't ask how..we just got an email about a month ago saying that the Sprint 4g tower was completed.. I tested and got 10 mb where before there was no 4g. I am Jacksonville Florida for the record.

colestein

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Most of the time I get 1x, and 4G is between 2-3, I'min Chicago during the day and the suburbs at night. I'm ready to throw mine against a wall. I'm glad to hear that change may be coming.

chubbs123

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I get terrible speeds around my house here in NJ. It constantly says I'm roaming or have no service whatsoever. They told me to be patient as they are working on the local tower. I hope I that it does start working soon and I get crazy speeds like you.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I get terrible speeds around my house here in NJ. It constantly says I'm roaming or have no service whatsoever. They told me to be patient as they are working on the local tower. I hope I that it does start working soon and I get crazy speeds like you.

Hey Chubbs!

ITs the same thing in VT. We had the towers up for most of the day yesterday (Wednesday) and they are back down again now. I think they are updating stuff. When you get a Sprint connection make sure you update your PRL. Sprint told me they are updating them while they are down.

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Most of the time I get 1x, and 4G is between 2-3, I'min Chicago during the day and the suburbs at night. I'm ready to throw mine against a wall. I'm glad to hear that change may be coming.

yeah, sprint 3G speeds in chicago suck even more so since the evo3d was released. on 4G, i averaged 4mb/s.

themuffinman

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
From since I have had my 3d, got on 6/19, my 3g speeds have been very poor averaging between 300 and 500 kb, they sued to be about 900kb before. I just did about 10 tests and averaged about 1800 kb. The last test was 2250. My 4g speeds averaged about 7500 kb but have always been excellent and in a similar range. Did Sprint change something I don't know about or was this one of those flukey days when everything is ideal? My company also recently added a 4g tower on top of our building so I get about 10mb of 4g at work - don't ask how..we just got an email about a month ago saying that the Sprint 4g tower was completed.. I tested and got 10 mb where before there was no 4g. I am Jacksonville Florida for the record.

As far as your 3g speed tests, what time of day did you perform those tests?

chubbs123

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey Chubbs!

ITs the same thing in VT. We had the towers up for most of the day yesterday (Wednesday) and they are back down again now. I think they are updating stuff. When you get a Sprint connection make sure you update your PRL. Sprint told me they are updating them while they are down.

Thanks for the info. I'll update it when I get a better signal later. BTW Nice Leonardo Avatar! Turtle Power! LoLz

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I'll update it when I get a better signal later. BTW Nice Leonardo Avatar! Turtle Power! LoLz

Lol thank you!

I hope they are up soon!

Take care and be safe down there in NH! Hope you guys didn't get a ton of damage like VT did from Irene!

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Mine have sucked for about 5 months now in Sacramento, CA... If sprint didnt have the pricing they have I would have jumped ship already.. Its horrible and now that they are getting the iphone it will get worse.. I really hope they are working on this.. Its down right unacceptable!! Specially with them raising upgrade fees and cancellation fees

themuffinman

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I was bout 8 pm est.

Oh ok thanks. I am in atlanta and I get a varying degree of speeds depending on the time of day and I can reproduce the same results on a daily basis. Here in atlanta during the day time hours speeds seem to be around 600kbps to about 900kbps with a ping averaging at around 160, this is from about 8am to mid afternoon. From mid afternoon to about midnight speeds drop to around 280kbps to about 600kbps with ping times at around 200. But late at night things seem to get more interesting. Late night to the wee hours of the morning I easily average 2meg to 2.5meg on every single speed test with ping times at around 120 on average. What I am thinking is sprint just can't handle the capacity on some areas.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vcbcg