Anyone get a project fi phone (w/o promo credit) for then cancel service to keep the phone?

Grace Bri

Apr 13, 2018
Visit site
I want to get a new moto x4 on sale from Project Fi, but I love how cheap my current service provider is.

But I don't know how how costly it is to activate fi just to cancel without some sort of project fi promo credit. (I talked to two people who said they got the $80 project fi promo credit and they ended up paying nothing for their service once they immediate cancelled, but that promo credit offer is over and thats why I'm wondering how much service would cost if I immediately cancelled.) If I didn't use any data would I have to only pay the $20 base price for project fi service?

Also, I read you need to have fi activated for x amount of days to get the discount. Does it mean I just need to activate the sim, set it aside for x amount of days and meanwhile use republic wireless service then cancel or does that mean I have to use fi continuously for those amount of days?

Any advice or info?
Thanks a bunch!

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
What promo is there that you need to sign up for Fi for? The only promo I see on that device is to buy 2 for $249 on a group plan.

I also see that the phone can be bought for $249, as long as it's activated on Fi within 30 days. I don't see any other terms.

I'd offer you my referral code for us each to get $20 bill credit but you need to have active service for at least 30 days with 2 months paid.

Grace Bri

Apr 13, 2018
Visit site
What promo is there that you need to sign up for Fi for? The only promo I see on that device is to buy 2 for $249 on a group plan.

I also see that the phone can be bought for $249, as long as it's activated on Fi within 30 days. I don't see any other terms.

I'd offer you my referral code for us each to get $20 bill credit but you need to have active service for at least 30 days with 2 months paid.

You dont need one to sign up, but there was one last month that was a free $80 credit towards your fi service bill, which would have been helpful if the promo hadnt ended. I'm just wondering how much project fi service costs if you just activate it and immediatley cancel it.

But you're right I did some more digging about the number of days you need to have active, and it doesnt say anything about that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835