anyone get the marshmallow update?

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Just checked XDA. Guy there says, and posted screenshots: 8-bit ambient is gone. That would be huge. Performance is also faster at all times.

Posted via the Android Central App

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Every time I try updating I get this message. Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted using my Moto Maker Moto X Pure Edition on Verizon... Unlimited Data as well...Android Central App helped as well ;)

Attachments

• 12837.jpg
    12837.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 140

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Every time I try updating I get this message. Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted using my Moto Maker Moto X Pure Edition on Verizon... Unlimited Data as well...Android Central App helped as well ;)

I think I read somewhere to turn your Watch off and restart.

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I just got notified to install, but I won't be able to until I can charge it later.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I think I read somewhere to turn your Watch off and restart.

When I got home I put the watch on the charger and went back to the system updates section of about phone and it started downloading. I'm now rocking 6.0.1 Marshmallow on my Moto 360.

MousePad

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Just got the update yesterday on mine, in Quebec, Canada.

I also got the white screen "[PUBLIC] Incremental..." when I checked updates... I just put my watch on charge, and an hour later when I picked it up, it said that the update was downloaded and was asking if it should reboot.

New features are there. I don't see that much of a difference between idle watchfaces (maybe I'd see it on another), and the new gestures are mostly working. I'm only having trouble with the one where you flick your arm down, I can't get this one to register.

As for battery life, I was already able to go through a whole day without problems, so I'll see how fast the battery is used.. I'll post back if I see anything out of ordinary.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Got the update. Too new to tell a lot except that 8bit ambient mode is gone!!!! Yaaaayyyy! Ambient mode looks great now. It might be just in my head, but the screen looks a bit better in general actually.

Hopefully I'll get all my notifications now. Been hit or miss since changing from an lg G3 to an Htc one m9. But as someone pointed out it may have coincided with an android wear update.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded and installed a few hours ago. Haven't really explored it yet. Everything seems OK so far.

Bekkenes

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Got it yesterday evening (Norway)
Watchfaces doesnt go 8bits in "standby" anymore, just normal (or whatever setting the face has).
Seems more responsive, some new icons.

So far im happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doom44