Anyone go to S7 after S7 Edge?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I bought an S7 Edge a few weeks after launch and really loved the phone. Camera was amazing, felt great in my hand, screen was out of this world. But I ended up returning it in my 14 day window because I couldn't stop accidentally pressing things on the edges. Not necessarily opening anything but the edge presses would cause my other presses not to register as accurately and it drove me nuts. The phone was updated and it was supposed to help but I didn't really notice a difference. I tried about 4 different cases on it and some helped but it still drove me crazy.

Now I'm considering going with an S7 (non Edge) and curious if anyone has used both and decided on the regular S7? What are your thoughts? Did the smaller screen bother you? Was the overall experience better on one vs the other?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I personally didn't but only because I really like the bigger screens. I am waiting for the next Note and may switch to that from my S7 Edge once it is released :).

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I did the reverse and returned my S7 for the Edge. The more I looked at it, the more I felt like I had the "budget" version and wanted something with a more premium feel. Stupid reason, I know. As far as accidentally touching an edge notification, it never happens because I never see any on the edges. I don't know what setting I missed, but every time I rub the edge, it says "no notifications".

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I bought an S7 Edge a few weeks after launch and really loved the phone. Camera was amazing, felt great in my hand, screen was out of this world. But I ended up returning it in my 14 day window because I couldn't stop accidentally pressing things on the edges. Not necessarily opening anything but the edge presses would cause my other presses not to register as accurately and it drove me nuts. The phone was updated and it was supposed to help but I didn't really notice a difference. I tried about 4 different cases on it and some helped but it still drove me crazy.

Now I'm considering going with an S7 (non Edge) and curious if anyone has used both and decided on the regular S7? What are your thoughts? Did the smaller screen bother you? Was the overall experience better on one vs the other?

I had an s7 edge for a month, and decided to go for the s7. I came from a iphone 6s plus and wanted something smaller. The s7 edge was smaller but not much smaller and I actually hated holding the phone with the thin edges. The s7 is SUPER comfy to hold and I like the flat non-curved screen 10x better. I always wonder if I made the right choice because the s7 edge screen is so nice and the battery is much better, but I am happy with the s7. The note 7 will be too big for me I am trying to go down in size.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if it qualifies as an answer to your question but I went from using the S6 to the S6 edge to the S7.

After the S6 edge I had a choice to either go for the regular S7 or the Edge. I went with the S7 for two reasons.

One, the Edge models feel TOO delicate to use for even a mildly hectic activity. It looked good. But I never felt secure about it. Had to be too careful while using it.

Two, the regular S7 feels like it was made to fit in your palm. It's the best most ergonomic phone out there. A little slippery though. But it feels so good!

These two factors combined, the S7 was a winner for me. I don't miss the Edge screen. I know if I get it I'll have to start being extra careful about it again. Don't like thinking about it. So yes, S7! Very good! Not as sexy and sleek. But still a very good looking functional phone.

Posted via the Android Central App