Anyone have experience with higher ram Samsung vs lower?

lazerline19

Sep 25, 2019
Visit site
So after watching tons of videos for weeks I went with s10e and I love it except I noticed it was a tad slower in all areas over my wife's s10 plus and the only diff is ram she has 8gb I have 6 I noticed the s10e comes in a 8gb version I didn't know when I bought it. I want to go swap it out for the higher ram and I know most pros say there is no difference but from watching a ton of YouTube videos comparing the 6gb vs 8gb it seems there is a possibility it can help curious on opinions here anyone ever get a higher ram phone for the same reason and also what do you all think the price difference is barely any so money is not a concern more so does anyone think more ram can help both our phones seem to average about 4.2gb usage throughout the day in case that matters leaving her with 4 left and me less than 2 left. But again her is just a touch snappier in all areas and I'm hoping that extra 2gb ram may just help a little what do you think?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you keep loads of apps running at a time, it will help, but for normal usage (use the Back button to end apps), 4GB is enough RAM these days, except for some really large games.

If you use the Home button when you're finished with an app (all that does is run the launcher - OneUI), that leaves the app running, and the more RAM you have the better (until you keep the phone running for days at a time, never restart it, and have all of RAM filled with running apps - then it's just going to be slow).

If you use the Home button and your wife uses the Back button, that could be a cause of the difference you see too.

Whether to go for 8GB these days depends on how long you plan on keeping the phone. A year? It wouldn't make any difference. Until the S20 is out? You won't be able to run anything in only 8GB by then anyway.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So after watching tons of videos for weeks I went with s10e and I love it except I noticed it was a tad slower in all areas over my wife's s10 plus and the only diff is ram she has 8gb I have 6 I noticed the s10e comes in a 8gb version I didn't know when I bought it. I want to go swap it out for the higher ram and I know most pros say there is no difference but from watching a ton of YouTube videos comparing the 6gb vs 8gb it seems there is a possibility it can help curious on opinions here anyone ever get a higher ram phone for the same reason and also what do you all think the price difference is barely any so money is not a concern more so does anyone think more ram can help both our phones seem to average about 4.2gb usage throughout the day in case that matters leaving her with 4 left and me less than 2 left. But again her is just a touch snappier in all areas and I'm hoping that extra 2gb ram may just help a little what do you think?
RAM doesn't make the differences that many believe it does. When there are differences, for the most part you don't notice unless you're doing side by side comparisons or timing things. My opinion is that if you can't tell it doesnt matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali