Anyone play with a Droid Incredible 2?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I really want to wait for the Galaxy 2, but that's not reported to be until Q3 and I need a world phone by July. Stopped by the Verizon store today and played with a DInc2. It was surprisingly nice. Has a 4" screen like the Fascinate but the overall size of the phone is smaller. The rubberish feeling case back feels nice. Phone was faster overall. It would take a little getting used to TouchWiz, but I suppose I could put LauncherPro+ on there as well.

Now they just need to get some super smart people like we have over here to make some nice rooted ROMs for it. I'm spoiled not having all of the bloatware on my phone.

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com
its got a signed bootloader so ROMs are going to be difficult. This is a big dissapointment as an Inc owner, the ROM community was the best part and to see HTC jumping on the Moto bandwagon just sucks!!!! :mad:

JJHunter

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't see much that they have upgraded to call it the Incredible 2. Still has the same processor, still runs 2.2, same camera, no 4g, and locked bootloader.

It now has a bigger screen, front camera, bigger battery, a little more ram, and a few software updates...but that's about all.

It's just a filler until they start rolling out the main line of 4g phones.

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com
I don't see much that they have upgraded to call it the Incredible 2. Still has the same processor, still runs 2.2, same camera, no 4g, and locked bootloader.

It now has a bigger screen, front camera, bigger battery, a little more ram, and a few software updates...but that's about all.

I agree with you that Verizon didnt do a whole lot to this phone, however coming from an Inc anything they can do to improve battery life is needed!!! I had to root the phone just to be able to get through the day, the screen is a much better Super LCD, everyone with a Samsung phone does not know how hard it is to read an LCD screen in sunlight :-\ The locked bootloader is the dealbreaker for me and Verizon has really dropped the ball with this phone. Yea I know its a good phone but the Inc was one of their biggest sellers last year and when it came out it was cutting edge tech, this one seems like a warmed over revamp for people who need an upgrade right now

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site

It's not the same processor. The clock speed is the same, but it's a newer generation processor and a good bit faster. I think the camera is different too. I've heard the sensor is much better (thereby producing much better pictures), but would have to verify. Don't just look at the numbers as they may be the same. You have to look at the actual hardware components to see the difference.