Anyone Tried the CWM Recovery from the S?

gfurr24

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Im by no means telling anyone to try this, theres has a huge warning statement in the Header on that page. Im just wondering if someone has actually tried to flash this Recovery yet? Im on the RA one right now, like most of us, but I personally prefer CWM a little better, coming from other phones. I might actually try this a little later if im feeling lucky. http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...cks/54765-clockwork-mod-recovery-v-0-5-a.html.

One thing I do know is that a nandroid made with RA recovery cant be flashed with CWM recovery and vice versa (at least in my experience). Something about the format that it uses.

jeannieindigital

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I personally have a fear of CWM Recovery as it was a huge no-no on my old phone (HTC Eris) due to bricking issues and RA was the safest option. May do well on this device but I'll stick with RA which is known to work and be safe.

T

thorasaurus

I had 3.0.0.6 but went back to thunderc because thunderc works with Zefie's CM7 and doesn't require edify scripting. Since a ton of old .zips (bootscreens, fonts, etc.) are in Amend, I'd rather have a recovery that cooperates until they all get updated to Edify.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid