Anyone using the stock task killer?

laps955

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if there was any benefit to using the autokill feature on the stock task killer in the razr. Has anyone had problems with it? Does it have any kind of benefit?

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
i use it to close out the browser and simple stuff that sometimes gets left running in the background. hasnt caused any issues so far for me. i do check it often to see what may be running that i didnt open.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm using it but have been told on other posts not too. I haven't used it long enough to comment much but seems to help some. I feel better auto killing apps that I installed like espn or words with friends but don't end apps the phone came with or uses regularly like keyboard, weather widgets or the installed VZW crap that restarts anytime you close it anyway. I don't know if auto end helps though and looking forward to the feedback you receive.

Sent using Droid Razr Maxx

laps955

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm using it but have been told on other posts not too. I haven't used it long enough to comment much but seems to help some. I feel better auto killing apps that I installed like espn or words with friends but don't end apps the phone came with or uses regularly like keyboard, weather widgets or the installed VZW crap that restarts anytime you close it anyway. I don't know if auto end helps though and looking forward to the feedback you receive.

Sent using Droid Razr Maxx

I have been told in the past that task killers from the market are no good but I didnt know if the stock task killer was any different.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I have been told in the past that task killers from the market are no good but I didnt know if the stock task killer was any different.

doing like the above said and killing what apps you installed yourself in my opinion is harmless, some downloaded apps do like to be resource hogs behind the scenes so why not?

mgindi26

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I was actually told by Verizon tech support to use the Task manager aut kill feature when I called to complain about my battery life. They said that will help and that background apps are whats hurting my battery life.
While we're at it please tell me if this is acceptable battery life for my Maxx, or if i have my second no good one.
My battery is at 60%
it has been off the charger for 10 hours
the number 1 usage is voice calls at 28% which says 22 minutes
next display 1 hour 2 minutesnext android os 19% 40 minutes
Phone idle 7% 9 hours
cell standby 6% 10 hours
Taptu 5% 10 minutes cpu total 7 minutes cpu foreground data sent 327.32 kb data received 4.02 mb
mediaserver 4% 6minutes
To me it doesnt seem like a lot of usage to use 40% of a Maxx battery. But maybe my expectations are wrong. Please let me know.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Guys, there's no need to use ANY task killer, period.
The way Android works is that it will prioritize processes (apps, games, etc) that you use the most. This way, the OS can manage its resources properly by shutting down the ones you use the least in order to free up RAM for the ones you use the most.
After a certain amount of time, Android will "learn" from you, and you'll notice the apps that remain open are usually the ones you use daily. Also, certain apps (Dolphin HD, Draw Something, etc.) have an exit feature that will shut them down by you hitting the back button (rather than just hitting Home and leaving them open).

*Unfortunately, this doesn't apply to bloat like Verizon Location Agent. Apps like that are meant to run constantly whether you force close or not. If you do force close, they WILL open back up on their own, guaranteed.

FredBassett

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
using the stock task killer can also screw up your phone if you shut down the wrong app (or even an app you thought could be shut down)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOJOdokr