AOD widgets. What am I doing wrong?

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. The only thing that doesn't seem to work properly is widgets on the AOD and I wonder what I'm doing wrong?

For e.g., if I'm chrome casting Netflix, YouTube etc. 2 issues.

Firstly, the AOD sometimes displays the cast on the AOD and sometimes doesn't.

Secondly even when it does display the cast, when I double tap it to pause the cast it doesn't work. If I press the virtual home button and go to lockscreen and then press that same widget to pause a cast, it still doesn't work. Also, the title of the movie, clip etc doesn't show up. It'll just say "unknown", in those cases where the widget is active.

But what's really weird is that its faultless for Play music! Works every time and shows up on the AOD, I can play and pause on the AOD and displays the music playing on the AOD.

Anyone else with this?

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Perfect example. I'm watching on Stan, the movie "Let me in". On both the AOD and lockscreen, it says "Let me in" and then "unknown", and I can't pause on either.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
How do I get Google Play Music controls on the AOD?

Settings>
lockscreen>
face widgets>
music controller>
(toggle on)>
(scroll down)>
where to show>
(make your selection, i.e., lockscreen, AOD or both).

There are 4 widget items you can control on lockscreen/AOD. Music, weather, alarm and schedule. You can toggle any of these on and off. In the face widgets section where you find these toggles, at the top right you'll see 'reorder'. Tap this to put in order any of these widgets. Eg, you can have music first, schedule second etc.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Settings>
lockscreen>
face widgets>
music controller>
(toggle on)>
(scroll down)>
where to show>
(make your selection, i.e., lockscreen, AOD or both).

There are 4 widget items you can control on lockscreen/AOD. Music, weather, alarm and schedule. You can toggle any of these on and off. In the face widgets section where you find these toggles, at the top right you'll see 'reorder'. Tap this to put in order any of these widgets. Eg, you can have music first, schedule second etc.

Thanks, BZ!
I can't get the weather to show, but figured out that the song title must be double clicked to get to the player controls.
I never would have thought to look for those in FACE WIDGETS.
I read that and thought the face on my head, like for face unlock or something, which I don't use, but perhaps Samsung means the clock face.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz