AOKP or CM9?

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
It's such a tough decision! I really like both of these since they are for the most part AOSP Android 4.0 with a few extra features.

Which one do you use? Which one do you like better?

Currently I'm using AOKP build 39, but keep switching between both AOKP and CM9.

EDIT: In build 39 of AOKP they've added stats like CM9. you can check them out here:

http://www.stats.aokp.co/

and of course the Galaxy Nexus' are the top installers :)

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I used to do something silly when I was rocking my Epic 4g back in the day... So many ROMs to choose from I ran one favorite during the week days then I would have another favorite I ran on the weekend. Use MyBackup Pro to swap out my apps & data so all was identical in that arena and tweak the ROM settings a tad and enjoy.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I had my E4GT for like 10 days then I returned it because they got in some GNex's, and during that time I ran so many different ROM's. Think I used like 6GB of data just switching ROM's. There's so much to choose from.

uofmike

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Tough call, I'm on CM9 right now. Personally, I liked Gummy Nex the best cause of the tweaks (especially seeing recent texts on the lock screen) and the battery life was the best, however all the damn resets and consistently getting stuck on the boot screen eventually just drove me crazy. That same reason is why I got away from AOKP, too many random reboots and pretty bad battery life, but I LOVED all the tweaks they had. I'm on CM9 right now, day 2, and so far the battery is ok, not great, but stable and really... that's good enough for me right now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A_Brayshaw