App/SD card problems.

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to download from the play store but it fails all the time. Its trying to store it on the SD card which it never did before. I have an international S3 updated to 4.3
I can not find any where in the settings how to change the setting for it go go on the device. Ever since i updated my SD has become locked. I can open things up from it but can't add anything to it or delete anything from it.
I have seen in previous threads that people want to move apps to the card but in my case i want the opposite. (for now) I think ill have to format the card and start again with regards to not adding/deleting stuff on there but the downloading,beats me.

Any ideas??

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Are you perhaps getting a little confused? Before 4.3 it wasn't possible to store apps on the external SD card. The Play Store will always download apps to the device - which is referred to as the SD card. You are then able to move apps, within the application manager, to Ext. SD Card. I don't know why your ext. SD card had been locked, but many of us have had severe problems with the 4.3 update; Samsung is working on a fix I believe.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using AC Forums mobile app

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Are you perhaps getting a little confused? Before 4.3 it wasn't possible to store apps on the external SD card. The Play Store will always download apps to the device - which is referred to as the SD card. You are then able to move apps, within the application manager, to Ext. SD Card. I don't know why your ext. SD card had been locked, but many of us have had severe problems with the 4.3 update; Samsung is working on a fix I believe.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using AC Forums mobile app

Ever since 4.3 this problem has happened. Sorry i appologise,i mean the EXT. SD Card. I can save music to the device storage but the EXT Sd card is locked.
I hope they fix it soon as the phone doesnt function properly. Sometimes up to 3 times a day i have to take battery out

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance