App to simultaneously toggle between wifi or cell data?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I am finding I seldomly need wifi and cell data turned on at the same time.

Is there an app or widget that simultaneously toggles between the wifi and cell radio?

thanks!!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Couple of different things to note here.... First, if your WiFi adapter isn't connected to a hotspot, it uses next to no power. It's really just sitting there, listening and not transmitting and the battery impact is effectively zero. As for the mobile radio... when you are connected to WiFi, the network stack more or less puts the mobile data portion of your radio into a kind of idle mode. The actual 'phone' radio will remain up and connected, though, even if you have WiFi Calling (to allow for smoother hand-offs).

The only time I found that disabling the mobile radio comes in handy is when you have a phone that has WiFi Calling capabilities and an extremely poor mobile connection.... that poor connection can do a number on your battery as the mobile radio cranks up the gain to maintain a usable connection. But that's about it.... fussing with the radios outside of that one scenario doesn't gain you anything...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adas13