News Apple isn't Samsung's biggest threat in the tablet market right now

janshien

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
How about Samsung come out with something like a 7" high performance tablet? There is not a single entry since the Nexus 7 came out over a decade ago. I wanted something to travel with and also use as a muti-platform e-reader and had to buy a Kindle Fire 7 that can not even decode a x265 video or play a modern game.

Daniel Gomes

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Basically Xiaomi is the big winner here and clearly it's because of price. People probably getting a tablet for the first time and wanted a decent budget option. Most people use them to watch videos/you tube etc. and so don't want to pay Samsung and Apple prices.

The Huawei sales were a spike off the back of their smartphone sales but will likely subside again once the hype wears off.

10_26

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't see why there would be a 1st quarter 2024 growth for Samsung in the tablet market. The Tab S7-S9 line are all excellent tablets even today with nothing as of yet newly introduced. I just traded in my Tab S7 Plus for the Tab S9 Plus and I honestly see no difference between the two other than OS updates. I plan to hold onto the tablet for the next 5 or 6 years. The Chinese market will follow Apple and Samsung once the market is saturated with them. With the new iPad just released, the verdict is still out for Apple in the 2nd quarter.