News Apple says new Pixels and Galaxys will get longer software support than iPhones

TheFluffyOne

Jun 17, 2024
Visit site
What a terrible, misleading headline!

Apple says new Pixels and Galaxy phones will get longer software support than iPhones

As far as I can tell, Apple said no such thing. Since when do they ever mention Pixels or Galaxy phones by name?

Windroid 2483

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
What a terrible, misleading headline!

As far as I can tell, Apple said no such thing. Since when do they ever mention Pixels or Galaxy phones by name?
You're way to hard on the headline! Is the "Apple says" part pushing it? Maybe. Does the headline rise to the level of being "terrible, misleading"? I doon't think so:

If Samsung and Google promise to update the new Pixels and Galaxy's for seven years, and Apple's promise is less than seven years, then the headline is mostley correct.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You're way to hard on the headline! Is the "Apple says" part pushing it? Maybe. Does the headline rise to the level of being "terrible, misleading"? I doon't think so:

If Samsung and Google promise to update the new Pixels and Galaxy's for seven years, and Apple's promise is less than seven years, then the headline is mostly correct.

The headline implies Apple actually did make the claim, and further tacitly implies they are endorsing the competition. The headline may be correct on some level, but it is a weasely way to word it. It reeks of fanboyism instead of journalism.

Reactions: TheFluffyOne

TheFluffyOne

Jun 17, 2024
Visit site
You're way to hard on the headline! Is the "Apple says" part pushing it? Maybe.
It's not "pushing it"; it's outright misleading. The headline indicates that Apple made a comment about Pixels and Galaxy phones, which they didn't. Apple stated the software support lifetime for iPhones, that's it.

A headline from another site that is more honest:

Apple finally confirms how long it will support iPhones, and it's less than Samsung and Google​

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bashaarma