Apple shows they are sore losers? Seeks to ban HTC One imports

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
They are patent trolls, as well as every other company in the cellular business, it seems any more.

But just keep in mind that it is also a pure business move on their part. The longer they keep other devices at bay and off the store shelves, the more apt people are to buy the iphone because there is no worthy competition at hand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Apple shows they are sore losers? Seeks to ban HTC One import

Funny thing i had one of my customers comment on is that they are still being innovative and creative these days... at comming up with new ways to sue people.

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

They are patent trolls, as well as every other company in the cellular business, it seems any more.

But just keep in mind that it is also a pure business move on their part. The longer they keep other devices at bay and off the store shelves, the more apt people are to buy the iphone because there is no worthy competition at hand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

It has just the opposite affect on me. I'm even less likely to buy an iPhone because of this lawsuit. I have an iPod Touch that I bought last year that I don't use that much anymore because I now have an Acer Iconia Tab A100 tablet and a Motorola Droid Bionic smartphone. Anything I could get on the iPod, I can now get on my Android devices. I keep it around in case my nephews want to play on it. I've got some programs on my iPod just for them.

The way that I look at it, if Apple has so much money that they can bring up these lawsuits against their competition then they really don't need mine. I don't want my money funding those lawsuits.

Cindy

Reactions: droidmyme

DroidDavi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I've been looking to buy a mbp. Honestly these are the things that make me think. I know at the end of the day my 1500 won't make or break there year but its hard for me to support them

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

anjali_jain

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

Seems like Apple is really afraid of the competition. Don't buy Apple......

gdbjr

Banned
Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

Not sure how you think they are losing. Apple is still making tons of money, the iphone is the best selling phone on the AT&T and Verizon and when the iphone 5 goes on sale it will sell in record numbers.

I just can't follow your logic.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how you think they are losing. Apple is still making tons of money, the iphone is the best selling phone on the AT&T and Verizon and when the iphone 5 goes on sale it will sell in record numbers.

I just can't follow your logic.

Android marketshare is greater than iOS, the SG3 shipments surpassed iPhones = in terms of comparing sheer numbers, Apple is losing.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

DF3

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

It has just the opposite affect on me. I'm even less likely to buy an iPhone because of this lawsuit. I have an iPod Touch that I bought last year that I don't use that much anymore because I now have an Acer Iconia Tab A100 tablet and a Motorola Droid Bionic smartphone. Anything I could get on the iPod, I can now get on my Android devices. I keep it around in case my nephews want to play on it. I've got some programs on my iPod just for them.

The way that I look at it, if Apple has so much money that they can bring up these lawsuits against their competition then they really don't need mine. I don't want my money funding those lawsuits.

Cindy
Same for me too. I've just lost complete interest in their company, and it's looking like my last and only purchase from apple will continue to be the 2nd generation ipod. Had it not been for their constant trolling I would have probably looked towards purchasing an iPad, but they aren't an option for me any more.

Of course, the Apple die hards will continue to buy anything from them, so they'll be fine financially.

gdbjr

Banned
Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Apple is still making more money then any one android manufacturer. And money is what matters to apple not market share.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Ry

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Apple is still making more money then any one android manufacturer. And money is what matters to apple not market share.

Yep. You are right about that. I can't even flex. Apple makes obscene amounts of money.

The title of the thread isn't great, I'll admit. Created it in a state of anger not clear reason, is why.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
There scared did any one see the article about them trying to ban other ultrabooks

Yeah, they submitted a design patent for a wedge shaped ultrabook. I think it's good for Apple to prevent blatant rip offs like Samsung did with the iPad.

gdbjr

Banned
Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

There scared did any one see the article about them trying to ban other ultrabooks

This is sadly because apple was granted a patent for the design of the macbook air.

We really need to do something about patent reform in this country. It is just out of hand.

DroidDavi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
This is sadly because apple was granted a patent for the design of the macbook air.

We really need to do something about patent reform in this country. It is just out of hand.

True but our legal system is beyond shot. Its fine thou Google has some pretty strong patents maybe they will get to trolling

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Seems like Apple is really afraid of the competition. Don't buy Apple......

Everyone is afraid of their competition. Also I know this is an android forum so you all will highlight Apple suing this platforms hardware, but HTC, and Samsung are doing the same. A new lawsuit daily as well.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Android marketshare is greater than iOS, the SG3 shipments surpassed iPhones = in terms of comparing sheer numbers, Apple is losing.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

A few iPhone sku's vs how many hundreds of android phone sku's.

Shipments vs sales, there is a difference.

Apple is far from losing.

famerdave

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

Not to be mean, and I'm new to Android, but I had to decided between maybe 30 Android phones, there are like 3 iPhones...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterrekroesbergen