Apps changing names by themselves?

Luisgb

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
some of my apps went from their name (like Baseball Superstars 2009) to something like com.gamevil.bs09......etc, a few of my apps have done this for some reason, anyone have any idea why or how i can prevent it?

ja2038

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Those look to be their java package names, and I've had them do that on my phone too. I don't know how to get them to switch back, but it's pretty bogus.

Luisgb

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
i thought about doing this aswell but just figured they'd rename themselves again anyways, gonna do it regardless but was wondering if there was any way of reversing/renaming the apps

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I have had this problem too, I have uninstalled the application and reinstalled it, the misnaming still comes back. Currently for me the apps that it changes are Personal Assistant, Mabilo Ringtones, was doing it for Meebo but i upgraded and it changed back to normal.

Ukyo

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
reading on XDA forums, there's mention that this is a Sense UI issue as the other android phones don't experience this... if that's true, i hope it's fixed via 2.0 :) I have quite a few apps that have stupid names... for example, my Handsent app is "#ffcef7ef" and it has a red "x" as a icon... :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCheekyDinosaur