apps close before they even load

stockkid07

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Some of my apps close before they can even load. Scottrade and gun bros immideatly end when I start them up. Is it comparability issue?

EeJLP-

May 25, 2012
Visit site
It's always best to reset your phone before using new apps.. I don't really think I've ever had an issue with not resetting before using them, but I've heard plenty about that.

Try restarting your phone and then see if they work.

(Hold the Power button, tap Restart when the menu pops up --- just throwing that in for people that don't know how to do everything)

stockkid07

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I tried that. Scottratde and gun bros never work. I click it n immediately it gives me an error report to send. I'm thinking maybe they haven't been optimized for icS. I even re downloaded them. Same thing.

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
in the settings menu under power theres an option for fast boot. i think it came checked with my phone and i havent touched it or had any problems but maybe these apps need more time to load with the phone when it turns on or something. try unchecking fast boot, resetting your phone, and checking them...

EeJLP-

May 25, 2012
Visit site
in the settings menu under power theres an option for fast boot. i think it came checked with my phone and i havent touched it or had any problems but maybe these apps need more time to load with the phone when it turns on or something. try unchecking fast boot, resetting your phone, and checking them...

Good point. I forgot to mention that. It says on it.. Fast Boot "Not recommended with some Market apps". So definitely something to try turning off if you're having app problems.

Settings > Power > Fast boot (uncheck it)

Then try resetting the phone.

stockkid07

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I actually realized the apps crash because I had 2d acceleration on for the gpu. I turned it on and off 3 times. Everytime was on those 2 apps crashed immediately. I turned it off and they worked everytime. Its weird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fufukadan120