Apps not showing in drawer or search

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I have seen this before but it went away before I could identify but now it is annoying me.

To note I am using the Next Launcher by default.

I have the App Transport for Edinburgh.
It was previously visible in my app drawer and visible in a folder on my next home screen.

Today I noticed it was not in the folder so I tried to re-add. It does not show in the Next App draw, a Next search of apps, a Counjor (launcher independant app search).

I even tried to switch back to touchwiz. It doesn't show there.

I uninstalled it, did a reeboot, re-installed it and rebooted it. It still does not show on any search of apps other than the play store and the options app list. I can launch it from there.

I cannot though, get an app drawer or search to see it to add it to a home screen.

Any help would be appreciated from people who have experienced similar.

Cheers,

Rob.

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
OK, character based back button helped. I caught a glimpse of the icon.

They have renamed it Bus & Tram.

I will be having words with them about notifying their users that the app will vanish completely from all links until they re-link it using the new name.

I tried a search on 'bus' when it first went missing but it was not there due to caching so assumed name change had not been an issue and still kept looking for 'transport' for the app name 'Transport Edinburgh' Sensible name, gives meaning and location.

Now I have an app called 'Bus and Tram' that any other city could call their app and confuse the hell out of me.

Sigh.