Apps stopped working on WiFi

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phone (Samsung S22+) didn't charge over night since it wasn't plugged all the way, it did not die and I fixed the charge, afterwards I accidentally opened the camera app from the lock screen and a prompt appeared. I do not remember what this prompt said but I assumed I had something to do with the camera app, I pressed 'cancel' and afterwards most of my apps started to not work with my current WiFi, most of my game apps, and apps such as Amazon started to not get connection on WiFi. Notably, browser apps still worked on WiFi. Strangely, apps not working on WiFi only started to get connection when I was on data or I used VPN when on WiFi. I tried to forget the network and reconnect again, restarted the phone and reinstalled apps, but they still do not work on my WiFi, finally I tried to reset network settings which also failed. My phone is the only thing having issues as everyone else on the WiFi still connects and so do my other devices. Is there anyway to fix this?

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Sorry I see that you said browser still works just not apps. Go to app info in settings for the apps that aren't working and make sure wifi data is enabled under the network and wifi part. And then under battery, still in app into, make sure it's not restricted

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
The internet is working, it says it is connected but most apps are not working on wifi, so this is a issue with the phone since every other device works on the wifi.

Are there any apps that came pre installed on your phone that are not working on wifi? I'm asking because if there are pre installed apps that aren't working then it would be helpful if you put the phone into safe mode, connected your wifi and checked if they work there or not.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
The internet is working, it says it is connected but most apps are not working on wifi, so this is a issue with the phone since every other device works on the wifi.

Try resetting all app preferences, that will set all the apps back to their default settings, and hopefully correct whatever the message was that you clicked cancel on.

Pala3345

Nov 3, 2022
Visit site
The Amazon app strangely started to work again after app preferences were reset, but unfortunately the other apps have not improved and still do not work with wifi.

Last edited by a moderator: