Apps without Any Name & with Android Symbol

RyouichiKousuke

Feb 23, 2022
Visit site
Hi, so I was just going through my phone as normal last night, and I noticed these two blank apps. I've never seen these before, and whenever I try to delete them, I couldn't. Moreover, whenever I try to access it's App Info, nothing pops up and when attempting to open them, a warning that says, "Failed to read the app data. Cannot start the app," pops up.

Can somebody please enlighten me as to what these are? I've tried multiple scans using different anti-virus apps already, with deep-scans and all, none of which flagged any of these two.

Thanks in advance, everybody.

Attached are the two icons I'm talking about.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 10.43.56.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 10.43.56.jpeg
    22.5 KB · Views: 9

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. As posted on that other thread we need more details to try to help you out. Which phone do you have? Which Android version? Which apps are giving you that problem and where did you download them? Also, are you using an SD card to save some of your apps?

RyouichiKousuke

Feb 23, 2022
Visit site
Phone version: Oppo F11
Phone Model No.: CPH1911
Android Version: 11
ColorOS Version: V11.1

As for the apps, I've not installed anything besides this one game I saw from an ad (I'm a sucker for puzzle games), but then I noticed these two apps that just appeared out of nowhere. Besides that I've not downloaded anything else.

As for the SD card, I don't have one. I just use my phone's internal memory.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Apps without Any Name & with Android Symbol

I've found a couple of similar reports with OPPO and Realme devices. In all cases the user had sideloaded an app or even a fake update from a popup. It's impossible to know for sure if you installed some malware or just a poor coded app that the system has problems to handle correctly.

You could probably get rid of those icons if you delete data for your launcher (it will delete you homescreens setup), but this is just a cosmetic solution. Maybe you'll need a full factory reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara