Apps wont restore...

Visual360

Dec 9, 2010
www.visual360photography.com
Hey all, I just flashed my ROM back to 2.1 in preparation for the update that is coming. Anyway, my main question is about MyBackUP PRO. Somehow when I try to restore to my phone, it gives me a security error in regards to the phone can install software from the market, etc. Which I understand, but what the heck, I'm just doing a restore from my supposedly backup??? Am I doing this wrong, please advice...

Thanks.

bish0p34

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I just had a similar problem using Titanium Backup earlier today. It stemmed from a hidden checkbox in the Samsung UI about accepting unknown sources. It involved having sideloading enabled (I've never gotten any ADB commands to work on my phone), or paying $6 for the pay version, which must do that for you. I just paid, and $6 is worth it for a quality backup (although after using BB for years, I feel you should get a free program to do it....)

Without doing this, I couldn't restore apps, just settings... I don't know if this will help or not. I'd try to enable sideloading, if you haven't, and give it another try.

X-BerryAddict

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
" It stemmed from a hidden checkbox in the Samsung UI about accepting unknown sources"
Just where is this hidden, I have looked for it and cannot find it,is it activated when you install sideload wonder?

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
No, it is a checkbox that simply does not exist on the Captivate. You have to enable sideloading in order to get it to work - and not using the sideload wonder machine. You have to know how to use adb commands. Here are some instructions.

How to Enable Sideloading of Apps on Captivate - Android Forums

You can also download unleash the beast which will do this automatically.

[TOOL] Unleash The Beast V0.2 (Root, Remove Bloat, Sideloading, Unrestricted & More) - xda-developers

It will root your phone for you though, which can void your warranty. But if you just flashed back to 2.1, you've probably already been using custom ROMs.

Reactions: Visual360

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aleftshoe