Are all cases made the same?

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if a case for the international version of the S3 would fit the Verizon version? Reason I ask is because I came across a really nice design from a U.K. company and would love to get this for my S3.

GALAXYS3-VENT-GEN-1.jpg

j0hnnyRingo

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
From everything I have read, it should fit just fine. I dont think the size specs are different on the international ones. I will see if I can dig anything up to confirm that or not though.

Reactions: socialillz

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I like that ,I wonder if its made out of a rubbery type stuff or something else?
It doesn't mention that.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I like that ,I wonder if its made out of a rubbery type stuff or something else?
It doesn't mention that.

The description says "This Black Vent Cool case is specially designed using a contempory mesh plastic material offering your Samsung Galaxy S3..." and "This protective plastic cool case allows you to use all the functions of your phone, wherever you go..." :)

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The description says "This Black Vent Cool case is specially designed using a contempory mesh plastic material offering your Samsung Galaxy S3..." and "This protective plastic cool case allows you to use all the functions of your phone, wherever you go..." :)

Almost picked it up, but what's with the ugly bump on the bottom? Can't figure out what it's for.. But that stopped me from buying it

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Almost picked it up, but what's with the ugly bump on the bottom? Can't figure out what it's for.. But that stopped me from buying it

GALAXYS3-VENT-GEN-4.jpg
[/IMG]

The case features a raised slot on the back, this allows you to insert a coin into the back of the case so it can then be turned into a desk stand. The horizontal desk stand then allows you to view your Samsung Galaxy S3 at a comfortable angle so you can easily view text messages, read emails and watch videos/play games whilst you're at work, on the train, or just relaxing at home

This is also why I won't order it hopefully they will make one without the slot.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

Not sure. The way the hole goes through it suggests that it's there for attaching something, perhaps a stylus similar to what the Samsung Omnia had:

http://www.cell-phones-store.info/c...ouch-stylus-pen-for-samsung-saga-sch-i770.jpg

But that's a pretty awful location for a stylus so otherwise they eff'd up their design or it's for something else.

EDIT: mclarry's got a pic, so it looks like he's right...

ANOTHER EDIT: Since you asked, the specs listed on this page show that the Verizon S3 has the same dimensions as the European models. This case should fit:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...hones%2FSCH-I535MBBVZW%23about&token=ysuOBgBI

Last edited:

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
All versions released so far have the exact same dimensions and button locations, so yes, any well-made case for the SGS3 will work.