Are my signal issues an OREO issue? Starting to think they are

OUGrad05

May 24, 2014
Visit site
My wife and I just upgraded to Pixel 2 XL and Pixel 2 from their respective first generation partners.
We also switched to T Mobile. My first time using the 2XL was on TMob and I immediately starting having some issues, mostly around SMS/MMS texting and network connectivity. I assumed it was the move to Tmob. I ordered a signal booster for my house and still had issues.
I was in DFW this week and had 5 bars of "LTE" and yet couldn't connect to the network. I had to cycle airplane mode or restart the phone, this happened several times while have 4 or 5 bars of LTE.
Today my wife's pixel 2 arrived and we went to town to get the TMob sim card for this new phone. I noticed on her original Pixel she consistently had better signal and stayed on LTE, she was running Nougat. Driving home with the Pixel 2, her signal was noticeably weaker than on the original pixel but still a bit better than my 2XL.
I could chalk it up to a design change and a flaw with the Pixel...maybe it is? But I'm really leaning towards it being OREO. My original XL after upgrading to OREO had a host of issues both connectivity to VZWs network and Bluetooth related.

I'm not really interested in jumping to iPhone and don't want to needlessly swap phones and carriers.

Any thoughts from the community? Perhaps i need to consider jumping on the 8.1 beta?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you happen to ask T-Mobile if there were any issues with the network? My 2 XL reception has been fine compared to the 1st gen XL (both on T-Mobile, in the Silicon Valley area). There are occasional times when a call seems to take a bit longer to go through, but that has happened with other phones on T-Mobile as well (including my old 6P).

OUGrad05

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Did you happen to ask T-Mobile if there were any issues with the network? My 2 XL reception has been fine compared to the 1st gen XL (both on T-Mobile, in the Silicon Valley area). There are occasional times when a call seems to take a bit longer to go through, but that has happened with other phones on T-Mobile as well (including my old 6P).
They were unable.to give me anything solid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali