Are we going to have roms?

wackydavo

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone:

I'm new to android. Proud Atrix owner :). One of my high priorities in a phone is the variety and accessibility of custom roms. I've been following the Inspire 4g forums and the Atrix Forums (here and at XDA) and it seems like development is a little bit more active for the Inspire. That may be my latent jealousy that HTC has released the source for the Inspire already and doesn't sign/lock/encrypt the bootloader.

My 30-day return window is slowly ticking away. Can anyone following the development chatter going on for the Atrix provide any insight as to how well-supported the Atrix will be by devs? I realize that we all can't predict the future and that the majority of development for the Atrix will happen well after my 30 return window, so just general impressions based on current state of the dev forums is what I'm looking for.

I'm stuck on AT&T, so my options are Atrix and Inspire 4g so far.

Thanks!

Last edited:

irishtexmex

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Bump. I browse both forums (at here, phandroid, and xda) and I'm a little hesitant on the Atrix. I've been gung-ho pro Atrix since its Olympus days, and I realize we'll probably never have AOSP/CM7/MIUI etc., but knowing that there will be ROM development would be nice.

kentusmc

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Yes I'm sure the Atrix will have custom Rome, but it takes time, the Droid X was rooted shortly after release, but it took them at least a most or two to find a work around the bootloader and eFuse. I bought mine on release day but didn't load a custom Rom til November.