Asheville/Henderson 4g LTE possible date

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
When buying my Bionic the rep whispered to me so his co-workers would not hear. He says the Asheville/Henderson area in NC is expect to get 4G LTE week 2 in October. My sales rep had kept bothering & bothering a verizon representative that has that inside info until he caved and told him. Take it for what it's worth. I have no way to be totally sure it was true. But my rep had no reason to feed me bull.

chadwick108

May 17, 2011
Visit site
so I heard a rumor today from a guy I work with and his aunt works for Verizon. In this area and a little birdie told me the 22nd of October for 4 g in area. We will see I guess!

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
so I heard a rumor today from a guy I work with and his aunt works for Verizon. In this area and a little birdie told me the 22nd of October for 4 g in area. We will see I guess!

I hope so. I'm not sure what to believe. Every month there is a list a cities that are to get 4g and the recent announcement doesn't show hendersonville/asheville. Or is will it be a silent release? What drives me crazy is that there was a list started several months ago of all the cities that will get by the end of 2011 and hendersonville/asheville has been on that list. I have noticed cities not even on that initial list getting 4g already.

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it's on but the speed is not good. I'm showing three bars in the So. A'Ville area, but I have upload speeds that are just painfully slow - like 0.29 Mps at it's worst. The download speeds are apparenlty at the lower end of Verizon's advertised spectrum - around 4-6 Mps. At these rates 4G LTE is a disappointment for me.

Hopefully it's just birthing pains and things will improve. If it doesn't improve, I'm stuck for now but when the time comes for replacement I won't be wasting my money on 4G service any longer. The loss of battery life just to gain data speeds that offer little improvement for me isn't worth it.

Last edited:

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have it in Mills River and Hendersonville. Hopefully I will have it Between Hendersonville and Brevard where I live. I'm getting about 14 Mbps down and 19 Mbps up with a ping of 60ms using the speedtest.net app.

Only problem is it tends to cut out real easy. Either goes to 3g or I loose data altogether. I have to reboot to get 4g back. Wondering if it is a problem with my Droid Bionic.

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Wow! 14 down and 19 up!!! I gotta' move to the other side of the freeway. ;)

It's about 1130 pm now - a half hour before their "official" release date. I ran a few of the speed tests and the best I got was 9 down and 1.28 up. It looks like they've got the download working fine but the upload is still less than than their advertised rate.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Wow! 14 down and 19 up!!! I gotta' move to the other side of the freeway. ;)

It's about 1130 pm now - a half hour before their "official" release date. I ran a few of the speed tests and the best I got was 9 down and 1.28 up. It looks like they've got the download working fine but the upload is still less than than their advertised rate.

Those speeds at my office, though unfortunately at home I am right on the edge. If I reboot and I force the phone into 4g but it only stays on for about 15 mins at most and only 1 bar. Speeds were about 10 down and 0.35 up. Wish I could find a way to keep 3g from taking over.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yura32