Asking for an artist to play

srfoot

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi.
When I ask for a specific artist, my default is pandora, it may play one song by them and then play other artists.
Is there a way to play only the one artist?
Do you have to ask for a specific album only?
Thank you.

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi.
When I ask for a specific artist, my default is pandora, it may play one song by them and then play other artists.
Is there a way to play only the one artist?
Do you have to ask for a specific album only?
Thank you.

This type of thing is more tied to your music service you are using rather than the Google Home capability. You have to be a paid subscriber to get it to play all one artist in demand and, even then, I'm not sure Pandora has that option.

Personally, I'm a paid subscriber to Google Play Music and it plays all one artist's songs if I ask it to.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That is because that is how Pandora works. In my opinion -- Pandora is the absolute worst. They were cool on the 1st day they came out since it was a new thing but now a days there are many other options that are better.

With Google Play Music I am able to ask for any song, artist, or album and it plays it without issue.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
GPM drives me insane! Every single time have tried to use it (via the music on my phone or their streaming service) the player either freezes up, or 99% of the time if I play a tune then hit "next" it skips 2...3...4 songs for NO REASON! I would get so mad at it I'd disable it for months and use something else. The I'd think "Oh it has to be fixed now" so I try again, nope, still skipping songs for no reason.

I Googled the issue and low and behold there are a BUNCH of folks complaining about the same issue and Google never seems to be able to reply on their forum with what the fix is or what the issue is. This is why I refuse to sign up again for their $10 a month service, fix it, and I may be back. For now it's 100% Spotify for me.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
GPM drives me insane! Every single time have tried to use it (via the music on my phone or their streaming service) the player either freezes up, or 99% of the time if I play a tune then hit "next" it skips 2...3...4 songs for NO REASON! I would get so mad at it I'd disable it for months and use something else. The I'd think "Oh it has to be fixed now" so I try again, nope, still skipping songs for no reason.

I Googled the issue and low and behold there are a BUNCH of folks complaining about the same issue and Google never seems to be able to reply on their forum with what the fix is or what the issue is. This is why I refuse to sign up again for their $10 a month service, fix it, and I may be back. For now it's 100% Spotify for me.
Weird.. I don't run into this issue on my phone, computer , or elsewhere.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon