Asus Chromebox 4 - No Power Light

r1anw

Mar 22, 2023
Visit site
I have an old Chromebox 2; With only the AC Adapter plugged in, no Keyboard, no Monitor nothing other than the AC, i get a white light on the power button.

If i try same on ChromeBox 4, no light.

ChromeBox 4 AC Adaptor works fine on the ChromeBox 2

Is it dead ... ?

r1anw

Mar 22, 2023
Visit site
Thanks, i have registered now. I'm unable to get it to turn on at all, my attempts to triage the problem are removing everything from it just leaving the AC Power adapter plugged in. It doesn't exhibit the same behaviour as my old ChromeBox 2. I did wonder if it was asleep awaiting input from kayboard and mouse

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I made you the owner of the original guest post to make it easier for you to find.

Nothing happens if you press and hold the Power button for a good 20-30 seconds? If so, then the power supply or the port might have failed. Is it still under warranty?

r1anw

Mar 22, 2023
Visit site
Power supply is fine, i plugged it into old Chromebox 2 and it fires straight up, just tried 30 secs on the Power Button no joy.

Am i right in thinking the power button should light up with just the AC Adapter in, no Keyb no monitor etc.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I was thinking about a power supply like in desktop PCs, but I realize now that the Chromeboxes don't have an onboard power supply. So it may be the power port that's faulty.

I don't have a Chromebox 4, so I can't tell you how it's supposed to behave. I suspect you'll ultimately have to bring it to a repair shop, or contact ASUS if it's still under warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12