AT&T has dropped the X10

ddymond

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity I checked the ATT site to see if there was any info on this 2.1 update nightmare and come to find out that the x10 is no longer SOLD.
I guess this pretty much puts the update question to rest through ATT. Pretty sad and @#$%@% customer service (JOKE) by AT&T.
This is my last phone contract with this company.

leo5111

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
whats ******ed is it was dropped due to lack of sales BUT the lack of sales are due to the fact they were lagging on the android updates for the device :mad:

HushH

May 11, 2011
Visit site
whats ******ed is it was dropped due to lack of sales BUT the lack of sales are due to the fact they were lagging on the android updates for the device :mad:

And that they did very little to promote the device.

AT&T does a horrible job of managing and promoting the devices they carry outside of the iPhone, and even the iPhone's success is due to Apple's product team. With the loss of iPhone exclusivity and continued network problems, it will be interesting to see if they can improve their support of Android devices.

leo5111

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
there was talk of at&t dropping it then, it was decided it would get updated to 2.33 so they are keeping it for now

androidphonegeek01

Android Geek
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't think they're dropping it. I just got mine replaced because of battery problems but doesn't seem like it's going to be dropped. Either I get one of the $50 HTC 4G phones at AT&T. But if they drop down the PRICE I might get this phone.

sep2006

May 25, 2011
Visit site
AT&T is a little weird with that. Once you buy a phone they take it off of the web page, but only for you. Example: I got an Atrix 2 a week ago, and because I have it, it doesn't show up in the list of phones available for purchase on the site when I log in with my account, but I know for a fact they are still selling them.

Any phone you've ever bought before WILL NOT show up on the AT&T website, whether they sell them still or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol