AT&T S7 dialer white out with nougat update

A

AC Question

Recently received the nougat update on my S7. When using the updated dialer I can't read addresses, numbers etc because it's white font on a white background. Short of changing my entire theme is there a quick fix here?

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, wiping the cache partition was the first thing I did after the update finished installing. Strange, how the dialer just disappeared from my system. The only way I can make a call now is to say, "Ok, Google, dial this number". Then, the dialer seems to pop-up up.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
@cohoman, are you the OP of this thread? I saw this other thread of yours here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ade-nougat-where-did-phone-dialer-app-go.html (where I suggested the same thing). I mention this because the OP of this thread was talking about a different issue, where the dialer is present, but is all white font on white background. There have been a number of posts lately about problems with the S7 Nougat update, so it'd be interesting to see what different kinds of issues there are.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I figured out the issue. Before doing the nougat update I had been using the app called Package Disabler Pro and disabled several AT&T bloatware apps. Apparently when my phone did the Nougat update, something got messed up and my default dialer disappeared from the app drawer. To fix this, I started up the Package Disabler app and reenabled all apps. After that, the dialer app reappeared.

filanto

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Ok, I figured out the issue. Before doing the nougat update I had been using the app called Package Disabler Pro and disabled several AT&T bloatware apps. Apparently when my phone did the Nougat update, something got messed up and my default dialer disappeared from the app drawer. To fix this, I started up the Package Disabler app and reenabled all apps. After that, the dialer app reappeared.

Thanks for the app suggestion

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramki