AT&T SIII Looses signal. Doesn't come back after reboot.

Lane L

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I apologize if this has been answered, but I didn't see another thread on this problem.
I have an AT&T S3 running 4.1.2 (Insert rant about AT&T software updates).
Recently, (Within the past week) my phone would loose signal. Sometimes rebooting would resolve the issue; Sometimes it would be resolved after a reboot and airplane mode. Today, it did it again, and it wouldn't come back! Even after putting it into airplane mode, rebooting twice, rebooting into safe mode (and another airplane mode), and then rebooting again...
Then after I put it on ringer mode, it came back!
It makes no sense, and I was curious to see if anyone else has had this issue, or if there is a known solution.

Thanks!
Lane

Lane L

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
It may be a problem with the apn settings. U might have to manually put them in just Google how to do that.

Posted via Android Central App

I haven't ever messed with the APN Settings. And just to be sure, I went in and reset the settings.
However, I'm still having terrible signal stability and occasionally loosing it all together. Even when I'm in my home with a signal booster.

Lane L

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I have an Otterbox Defender. But it's never caused problems before, and even removing it from the case doesn't fix the issue when it happens.