at&t ulimited data?

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I doubt it. It is too easy to blow through data these days. Give me truly unlimited (instead of "unlimited" up to 5GB) and 4G and I'm liable to try to use it for my home internet connection!

But when we pay by the GB, they should just give tethering free and let people pay the overage. Probably make more that way from many than from a few willing to pay up front for tethering.

rewd

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm grandfathered on AT&T's old unlimited plan. Is this plan "capped" like Verizon's "unlimited" plan at 5G?

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
ATT unlimited = 5GB
I thought Verizon was truly unlimited. ...unless they throttle you like TMo if you go over.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I go over the 5gb limit every once and a while and haven't heard a complaint yet. That is if there is a limit
That's good to know. I have never hit 2GB but I keep my unlimited plan. I figure that data use is only going to increase especially with video calling and virtual desktops coming of age.

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I've only hit 2GB once so its pretty rare for me. But I still hate how at&t capped data they already have started secretly offering it to existing iPhone plans.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
That's good to know. I have never hit 2GB but I keep my unlimited plan. I figure that data use is only going to increase especially with video calling and virtual desktops coming of age.

Yea same here, i just want to have unlimited in the event that someday I will actually need it.

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Unlimited data is nice to have especially since I myself happen to use a lot of data streaming Pandora and YouTube I would like to have a world android phone I guess I stay with Verizon ugh

LotusLord

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I can't see spending 25 for 2GB ever. 30 for "unlimited" isn't too bad. Of course, I don't have a smartphone data plan, that is unlimited technically though since I there is no Pandora app for my E71, and the browser is terrible, I don't use much more than 200MB a month

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I doubt it..I was there two months back and AT&T said there is no more unlimited data plans for new subscribers....only existing customers. They are trying to cut back on the data usage. This is an article about how the AT&T network can't keep up with all the data usage by iPhone users. Hopefully the same wont happen to Verizon. I think its one of the reasons cell phone companies are trying to due away with unlimited plans.
DailyTech - AT&T May Fine iPhone Users for Using Too Much of Its "Unlimited" Data

Ryan Roland

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I think the 2gb plan was a response to how much data was affecting our voice quality. at&t also wanted to emphasize that they have over 25,000 wifi hotspots that you can take advantage of for free and they pay a lot of money for those exclusive hotspots just to offer that to their customers. As we rollout more 4G and eventually LTE I think it will be less of a problem and Unlimited is almost sure to come back.

As par as soft caps at&t and verizon have different policies which are mostly speculation. But I have read recently online that Verizon will be throttling their unlimited customers

I like the point about not charging for tethering and letting people just pay for how many gigs they use so you start with 2gb at 25 and pay 10 for each additional gig. why charge 45 for 4gb if i only use 1gb every month even with tethering. You sir should apply for CEO of att mobility I like it!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infinidim42