AT&T Update (2/14/2017)

fwaits

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Looks like there is an update pending this morning for AT&T V10 users. Their site still shows the last update from Dec 12, 2016 on the notes. Probably just the December security patch update, but I'm not pushing it until after work today. If anyone else tries it post your findings here.

ralfyguy

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Looks like there is an update pending this morning for AT&T V10 users. Their site still shows the last update from Dec 12, 2016 on the notes. Probably just the December security patch update, but I'm not pushing it until after work today. If anyone else tries it post your findings here.
Where did you find this info?

becma27

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I updated this morning, it's completely screwed up the phone now. After install, it was missing a large amount of my apps, probably close to 50. After re-installing all of them, I kept having crash reports for google play, facebook, amazon (even though I hadn't run amazon), and some others. I did a re-boot, and again there are apps missing, different than the first time though.

WTF AT&T? Anyone know what happened?

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I updated this morning, it's completely screwed up the phone now. After install, it was missing a large amount of my apps, probably close to 50. After re-installing all of them, I kept having crash reports for google play, facebook, amazon (even though I hadn't run amazon), and some others. I did a re-boot, and again there are apps missing, different than the first time though.

WTF AT&T? Anyone know what happened?
The last security update did that to my phone. I ended up doing a factory reset and it was fine.

fwaits

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Where did you find this info?

Just had the notification on my phone this morning. The AT&T software update page still shows the previous update notes however. They tend to update that after the update starts rolling out to devices.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
After using it a couple of days it seems to run at a more normal temp than it was. Battery life seems a bit better as well.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
There must be something blocking the updates. A setting or an app. I would call AT&T and find out why. That seems like a pretty big security issue to me.

rich250

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Reset the phone, spoke with at&t and LG and nobody can figure out why I'm not getting the updates. LG wants me to send the phone in for repair claims there must be a software problem.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Reset the phone, spoke with at&t and LG and nobody can figure out why I'm not getting the updates. LG wants me to send the phone in for repair claims there must be a software problem.

I would do it if it was me. I know it's a pain in the as* to be without the phone but it really could be a big security risk not being able to update the operating system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
criticals