AT&T voicemail

gothand

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Picked up the new N6 from T-Mobile this morning and promptly moved my service over to AT&T. I activated on AT&T and had the SIM card in so it downloaded two apps (AT&T live and myAT&T). Need to figure out how to setup my voicemail and add visual voicemail. The play store says my phone is not compatible with the AT&T app. What is everybody else using? Do I set it up to have Google voice handle the messages or is there some other better way? Thanks.

BTW, like the new phone so far.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Install Google Voice & tell it to take over as your voicemail. Then you have a choice of GV or Hangouts for voicemail and text, while still having control over whether and when you use your carrier number or GV number. AT&T runs a fine phone company and mobile network, but their software and apps are usually not the best.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Picked up the new N6 from T-Mobile this morning and promptly moved my service over to AT&T. I activated on AT&T and had the SIM card in so it downloaded two apps (AT&T live and myAT&T). Need to figure out how to setup my voicemail and add visual voicemail. The play store says my phone is not compatible with the AT&T app. What is everybody else using? Do I set it up to have Google voice handle the messages or is there some other better way? Thanks.

i like Google Voice "Lite" -

About Google Voice Lite

Voicemail like email - Save voicemail messages for as long as you'd like, star important ones, and search through them
Voicemail transcription - Voicemail messages will be automatically transcribed to text and forwarded to you via email and/or text message.
Custom voicemail greetings - Customize your voicemail greeting based on who is calling.

https://support.google.com/voice/answer/115127?hl=en

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Install Google Voice & tell it to take over as your voicemail. Then you have a choice of GV or Hangouts for voicemail and text, while still having control over whether and when you use your carrier number or GV number. AT&T runs a fine phone company and mobile network, but their software and apps are usually not the best.

No, that's a bad recommendation.

OP: Just side load the AT&T VM app, or access VM by dialing 1. No app needed.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
To get VM by dialing 1, you have to set up your voicemail number, and it's different for every region. Since the phone was a TMobile phone, he'd be calling his TMobile VM, and since he's not on TMobile now, he'll just get an error. An AT&T Decive Support Center can get the VM number for the phone's area code, but I have no idea where speed dialing is set up in the N6 dialer. (1 for VM is just a special speed dial number, like 9 for 911.)

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
To get VM by dialing 1, you have to set up your voicemail number, and it's different for every region. Since the phone was a TMobile phone, he'd be calling his TMobile VM, and since he's not on TMobile now, he'll just get an error. An AT&T Decive Support Center can get the VM number for the phone's area code, but I have no idea where speed dialing is set up in the N6 dialer. (1 for VM is just a special speed dial number, like 9 for 911.)

Phone/Settings/Call Settings/Voicemail/Setup

Posted via the Android Central App

gothand

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site

kayfaei

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Worked perfect. Thanks to others as well. I did have to sideload it as mentioned. This app is different than a different AT&T voicemail app I tried earlier. I thought about google voice, however, I use voicemail very infrequently so I just figured I'd keep it real simple.

Noob question.. how do you add this app to your phone?

Edit: better question. I watched a youtube video on how to add it to my phone, now I just cant find it on my phone -.- I think it need to be in a specific folder

Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Just find and install the apk. Should work fine. Google voice is way more than I want and the att vvm is simple and works fine.

Edit: I see you got it working.

Posted via my OnePlus One!

gothand

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Just find and install the apk. Should work fine. Google voice is way more than I want and the att vvm is simple and works fine.

Edit: I see you got it working.

Posted via my OnePlus One!

Not only got it working but also loaded it on the Moto X which I returned the N6 for. Works like a champ.

CurveDave

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Where do I find the voicemail number for my region to change it in settings? I have a Verizon Note 4 that I'm running on AT&T and need to get the correct voicemail number to dial.
Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karl.stubbs