Atrix 4G outsells Iphone and Bionic outsells Iphone

patfactorx

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I predict that Android won't just outsell iOS across the world but this year Android will also outsell iOS on the US carriers that carry it.

Iphone on Verizon had no one show up on launch day.
Atrix 4G is the most innovative phone on ATT.
Android is ALWAYS cheaper than iOS (wirefly.com)

The war is going to end soon IMO

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I predict that Android won't just outsell iOS across the world but this year Android will also outsell iOS on the US carriers that carry it.

You do realize verizon allowed preexisting customers to preorder the iphone a week early? Then everyone could preorder the day before? Who would wait in line when you can order it and get it and use a week early? Maybe do a little research first. I mean you may be right about the bionic but who knows by the time it comes out something better will be out/coming soon so dont think its gonna be as big a seller as you think especially if lg drops some of their new super phones on vzw

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Doubtful. The iPhone on Verizon set sales records for that carrier. Total sales for the initial run were estimated to be around a million units. There weren't huge lines because its February and most of the country was still in sub-freezing temperatures on launch day.

Also, you're not doing your comparison right. There are what, 9 Android phones on Verizon, with four more new ones coming, compared to the one model (two if you count the different capacities) of iOS models? Of course, Android is going to outsell iOS; there's 9 times more models to choose from.

The situation on AT&T won't really change though. The Atrix is compelling, but all that AT&T has become known for over the last few years has been iPhone. That's not going to change for a while.

I think you're also underestimating how much of an effect that an iPhone on multiple carriers will have. Part of the reason people chose Android on Verizon is because they wanted Verizon service with an experience that could match (and exceed) the iPhone's. Now that they have the real thing, what makes you think that they'll keep choosing Android?

Oh, and I hate to break it to you, but there's no way in hell the Atrix or Bionic will outsell the iPhone on their respective carriers. It just won't happen.

patfactorx

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Ppl always forget about what is happening outside the US.

Name 1 country where iOS is outselling Android

California is a HUGE market for smartphones and Apple is based here. Once branding for Android gets stronger the US market is going to reflect global trends. Carriers aren't making ppl choose Android over iOS overseas, its because iPhone is expensive and behind in a lot of ways

brownhornet

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
This is common sense. I have an android phone but people are comparing sales of 50 different Android phones to ONE iphone. The fact that its even close is simply amazing in terms of sales for IOS. And they were able to maintain that in the US only on one carrier.

BTW, when the iphone 5 drops this summer neither the Atrix nor the Bionic will outsell it. Id take that bet anyday of the week. The iphone will easily outsell any ONE Android phone, its when you add sales of ALL Android phones vs the iphone that it makes a difference. Hell Verizon was able to sell a million plus iphone 4's in a week. A phone thats been out almost a year now. In retrospect, Sprint only sold 3 million Evo's total... from June until now. Think about it.

patfactorx

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
If the Iphone 5 drops against an Android 2.4 phone with LTE, dual core and offered for free (promotion) I think it will outsell the Iphone.

All Android phones were free over the holidays at a lot of retailers so this is not unheard of

patfactorx

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
And 1 million in sales isn't that impressive for a proven phone (iphone sales USUALLY go up with a new version) that had super bowl commercials. I guarantee that the Galaxy S had a better launch when you factor in marketing costs.

Android does very little mainstream marketing compared to Apple and WP7 but is destroying them in gobal sales.