attempted root on amsung Galaxy S7 on the EE network SM-G930F but now says GIGA LTE

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello I am new to these forums so please forgive me if I have posted this up on the wrong section i is all new to me & a little overwhelming

last night not knowing what I was doing I attempted to route my phone with ODIN 3 shortly afterwards regretting it thinking I bricked my phone after many hours i got it working again

but in the phones android settings on the network provider bit it says GIGA LTE KT twophone service even though I should be with the ee network

I can still recieve texts & make calls the phone it self says EE after i hit the power button to turn the screen off & back on again but once back on the home screen it doesnt say EE on the notification bar

so I am left wondering can that particular issue be fixed ?
will it help if I put the correct firmware on the phone if so where can I download the exact & correct firmware for Samsung Galaxy S7 on the EE network SM-G930F ?

what does it mean when it says GIGA LTE KT twophone service ?

I rang EE on my phone number 150 that said I wasnt in any trouble and they dont think it will cause any trouble as I can recieve and make calls & texts etc they seemed to think it is working fine

just a little concerned by the GIGA LTE KT twophone service network thing

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
It would depend exactly on the files used to root. One of the ways to root a phone is basically flash a pre-rooted ROM onto the phone, and as long as the devices are compatible, it would work. GIGA LTE is a branding that Korea's KT network is pushing. So my guess is you just flashed a Korean ROM onto your device. If you revert back to the EE ROM, you won't be rooted anymore.

Fat_Burj1981

Jan 29, 2018
Visit site
do you know where exactly I can get the latest EE firmware from for my phone SM-G930F so i can be sure I have the right one installed ?

I currently have

G930FXXS1DQLC (build number)
G930FXXU1DQIL (baseband version)

I think I am not rooted anymore as Pokemon go works & I am sure I read somewhere that does not support rooted phones & it wouldn't load before when I first did it

now it does load & play fine even though it still says the GIGA LTE thing

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund